Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not so good day on E-lake
ok guy's went up to E-lake yesterday the fishing was good.. and the word must be geting out i seen about 15 to 20 pepole out there yesterday.. ok now for the bad part i got my truck back so i loaded my snowmobile up and headed to the lake.. got there and got the snowmobile going got acrossed the lake to the fishing spot and seen that i lost my buckit with my polls in it some ways back.. so got back on the sled to go get them.. as i got to where the buckit was my sled sank in the soft slushy snow and got stuck.. tryed for 2 hrs to get it out with no success [Sad] had to leave it there [mad][Sad] bummer.. for any one thinking of going to E-lake i have this warning the sonw is abot 12" to 24" deep.. and on the lake it is about 10" deep with 6" of slush on it makes for some very tuff walking... the fishing is still great though.. going up monday and see if i can get my sled back.. hopefully the tracks i made yesterday will have frozen and i can get it out.. from the fuzzyfisher ----------------fish on dudes
[signature]
I fished it Friday and there wasn't a soul around. The slush was over my ankels and the snow was past my knees. Very tough going. I also stepped into somebody's hole from the day (or week?) before. Sank up to my pocket knife. It was cold but the hole was not even close to being frozen. I'm guessing that this is because the water level is rising. There was a good deal of wind and snow.
Sorry to hear about your sled, that slush is a monster.
[signature]
Hey Ryan. sorry to hear you went through a ice hole!! one of our group went through one yester day as well[crazy] but only get there foot wet.. you forgot to tell us how the fishing was? i know the walk is a bugger with all that new snow up there (that we need alot) and the water comeing up on the lake dont help ether.. i just hope the ice pops up soon or there might not be any more trips up to E-lake... [Sad] from the fuzzyfisher---------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Sorry to hear of your snowmobile problems. I hope that you are able to get it out of there safely. I have had the experience of stepping into an ice hole, and I would rather not do that again. Your adrenalin gets pumping really good when you first step into the hole. I only went in to just below my knee, but then my foot was stuck in the hole. I finally got it out by having a fishing buddy drill a second hole about 4 inches away from the hole I was stuck in. But then getting hit in the shin with a hammer (while he broke the bridge between the two holes) didn't help the situation.
[signature]
The fishing was predictably excellent.
You know how it is, the lure gets into the water, then there's a fish on it. If I wanted to smoke, I'd drop the jig down to 18-20 feet, that'd give me about 10 minutes before I'd have to remove another hook. If I dropped it to the bottom, or let it sit 4-10 feet below the ice, I'd catch one almost instantly. A 40 fish day. None longer than 15 inches, most in the neighborhood of 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds.
[signature]