Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learn outdoor sports and skills at Becoming an Outdoors-Woman
Learn outdoor skills, such as camping, canoeing, fishing and mountain biking, at Becoming an Outdoors-Woman, May 4-6. Registration begins March 1 for the event at Ross Camp near West Lafayette, Indiana.

Becoming an Outdoors-Woman introduces women to more than 30 outdoor sports and skills in a safe, non-competitive environment. The hands-on classes promote confidence and learning for women trying to learn new sports or improve on existing skills.

"I drove an ATV, learned to shoot a rifle and made a rabbit fur cap. I would have never done these things on my own," said Jessica Sparger, past participant. "I also met other women who enjoy outdoors sports as much as I do. I exchanged phone numbers with another participant so that we can go out and try these sports together."

Registration begins March 1 and workshop enrollment is limited. The $165 workshop fee covers lodging, meals and equipment. Some partial scholarships are available for students, single parents and low-income, first-time participants.

Participants must be 18 years old or older.

The workshop is sponsored by the Indiana DNR and the Indiana Hunter Education Association.

For more information or to register online, visit the Indiana BOW website at:

http://www.bow.IN.gov

or contact, Dawn Krause at (317) 232-4095.