Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yorba Regional Park report 3/3/03
Ok...i overslept, bigtime today. So i get to the lake around 10am Start fishing for bass on the 1st little lake and dont get anything. Move to the center lake for bass nothing. Third lake - nothing at all. So i decide to switch out the bass gear and decide to fish for trout, because according to the DFG report - they stocked the lake last week. So i throw out my Chartruese power bait, attached to my 2lb test leader line. As soon as i cast out, and attach my fish alarm (bobber attached to the line using a paper clip), the bobber starts moving up. I set the hook and nothing. So i bring it in, check my bait. Cast out. Within 2 minutes, the bobber goes flying off and i got a fish on! GOOD FIGHT! Im hoping this trout will jump and put on a show for all the other anglers who aint catching a thing. My trout ands up being a 3lb catfish. I ended up getting 4 catfish in 45 minutes on chartruese power bait! Ha. I had to laugh, here i am fishing for trout today and now later at home im eating catfish! so all in all it was a good day and i didnt get skunked! I cant complain. Any of you guys ever catch bass in this lake?
[signature]
Classic JA Martin. I told you there were some kittys in that lake. LMAO the Catfish were hitting Chartreuse power bait.

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for the report...
[signature]