Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spring break fishing plans
I am weighing out my options for spring break fishing and have two main possibilities and need some advice. I may come down to visit my brother in austing texas and spend at least one day trying to do some deep sea or surf fishing. what species will be hot the week of march 16th and is there anywhere I could go fishing and avoid the huge "wild life crouds" I was thinking of hitting something in the corpus area Unless there is somewhere close enough to the area that isn't too far (over 6 hours). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If someone has suggestions as far as where to go, what to fish for, or if they have favorite boats, please let me know. I am cool with just shore fishing as well if it is not going to be too crowded. I just want to maximize my fish catching, thanks in advance for any advice,
jed Burton
[signature]
Jed,
Sorry about the delay in replying to your request of information.
First I want to welcome you to the BFT community.
I am sure you know there are many guides out there happy to take your money and provide a great day on the water. The one area I have found that has always shown me high quality when it comes to off shore fishing is the AransasPass and PortAransas areas. PortAransas is a small comunity on the north end of Mustang Island and has some of the best guides I have seen. If you go to the area check out Dolphan Dock for top of the line guides in Port A. You will not be disapointed in their service.
For an area that is not crouded durring spring break that can be a challange to locate. I found the best areas are south of BobHall pier on Padre Island just south of Corpus Christi. You might even consider wade fishing the backside of Mustang about 8 miles south of Port A. there are access roads but be prepaired to walk if the sand is dry and drifted.
All in all I wish you a great trip and hope you come back and let us hear of your adventures on the water allong the Texas coast.
[signature]
I'm no expert on deep sea or saltwater since I do most of my fishing in rivers, but I gotta agree with ssor on this one. Port Aransas is pretty nice, and shouldn't be too crowded. Baffin Bay is good too, but it's gonna be a bit more of a drive. All in all if you want to avoid crowds you're gonna want to stay away from Galveston altogether, especially Padre. I imagine Corpus will be a bit crowded too but shouldn't be as bad as Galveston. Anyway Have a great time and enjoy your visit to The Lone Star State!
[signature]