Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirty worm
This fly has been around for many years its called the Dirty worm [crazy]. I tied a few in two sizes 10,12. Matt at high country flys let me in on what is needed. Starting with Acetone you can get it at any hardware store when you complete the fly you Dip it in the Acetone for 10 sec. Next the hook needed is the Mustad 37160, Danville red acetate floss thread,they get this floss at sportmans it has the red print on spool, next ultra wire small silver. Now on the thread you need red but it has to be somthing 70 sorry i cant remember, but anglers Den is geting some in today James can you help me on this one [unsure]. The reason you need this thread when you finish off the head it dos not turn pink when you Dip the fly in the Acetone. ONLY USE A SMALL GLASS JAR FOR THE ACETONE it melts plastics!. The Acetone melts the Acetate floss into the wire makes the fly shiny its cool Matt says it works better then the San juan worm hmm? cant wait to use it. I tie on the thread to cover most of the shank of the hook. tie in the wire down at the bottom of the shank next bring the thead back up to the eye of the hook tie in the Acetete floss run it down and back to eye now space out the wire up to eye of the hook and tie it off SWEET!. Use a piece of the silver wire make a small hook on it so you can Dip the fly GOOD LUCK HAPPY TIEING.
[signature]
Sounds like a good pattern. Sorry not sure of the "something 70".
[signature]