Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
draw length
I just upgraded from a browning mirage 1988 edition with 125gr. muzzys.and 2315 aluminums, to a matthews switchback,I bought on ebay. The draw using a release is about 1 inch to long. Can this be fixed with a shorter string or do I need to get new cams?
P.S. thanks elkoholic and hunting fool with your help with arrows and broadheads. hard to leave muzzys but went with the montec
G5s havent selected arrows yet. thanks.
[signature]
I'm not familiar with how the Matthews adjusts. Don't know if there are simple cam adjustments, or if you need to buy new cams. The string length isn't going to do you much in the way of effective draw length. If you shorten the string, you will not be using the effective range of the cams, thus resulting in less performance.
[signature]
Like TKB mentioned there may (should) be some draw adjustments on the cams already. On some bows though, you have to replace the module to change draw length. I would take it into an archery shop and have tham help you out. Sportsmans will usually just trade you modules if that is how your bow is adjusted. The string length will do nothing for you. Good choice on the G5's, although the Muzzy's will be a good back up. I just don't care for the big chisel points on them. I like the cut to tip design better.
[signature]