Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin E-Trex or E-Trex Legend?
I am at the point of buying one or the other today and need some advice on the two models. I have read good and bad on each but i would like to hear from you guys and/or gals. I plan on using the unit for speed while trolling, secret spots to mark and return to fish, marking a harvested animal or good hunting place, hiking, backpacking, and possibly road trips in the car. Any help or advice on batteries, accessories, or any general info would be great. I can't make thew $ jump to the next model so these are the two i can choose from. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
I actually bought a lowrance handheld and have loved it. It is also water proof which is a plus. For the money I thought it was a better deal than the garmin stuff I looked at and it has worked flawlessly for me,
jed
[signature]
If you are going to use it for hunting at all I would get the Legend. The maping abilities are well worth the extra money. If your not in a rush I would look at KSL and try to find one on there. I bought a Vista (next model up from the legend) last fall for $100. It was dang near new, it had only been used on two road trips.
The basic e-trex will work for what you want it to do for fishing, but you'll like the mapping of the legend for hunting. If you want, next time we go fishing I can bring it and you can check it out.
[signature]
Brody,

I have the Legend. Absolutely spend a little more and get this model. Trust me, you wont be disappointed. I use it for everything; travel, hunting, fishing.....

I will show you some features on mine that will fore sure convince
you to go this route. I am sure you will also want to download some maps for your hunt units.

Give me a call if you would like and I will tell you about some of the more of the features.
[signature]
brody i think Austin has a legand go look at it.
[signature]
I just purchased a Garmin Rino 110 last weekend, and I'm happy with it so far. I doesn't have the mapping capabilities as the higher end models, but I really like having your 2-way radio and GPS in one unit. Also, the peer to peer positioning is really cool. When I got it home and put some batteries in it, I instantly found another Rino user 3.4 miles north by north/west of my house. This was only on the FRS channels too, the GRMS channels have a longer range. I haven't filled out the proper paperwork with the FCC to use the GRMS channels yet, so I have them disabled. As far as the the GPS goes, It's your standard Garmin for sure. I really like the joystick instead of the keypad too. Makes it easier for one-thumb operation.
[signature]
I have an E-trex and I like it but I don't know much about the Legend. My son has a Legend and the only thing I have noticed that it is slower finding satalites. We used my E-trex when we went to Marjorie last fall.
[signature]
I have the Rhino 120 and it works great. Not only a gps with upgradable maps but also a 2way radio. You can also text message and locate anyone else in your party that's carrying one. I think they're right arond $250.
[signature]
I also have the Rino 120 for hunting it is awesome the mapping is prettygood too. without buying the upgrades the maps that come with it gives you alot of info. Interstate exits and what is available at them.Im not much of a techy person and i find its easy to use. I used it on a hunt in Alaska and i couldnt believe all the info it had. It has info with topographical maps available too.
[signature]
I remember you using an e-trex and you never lost satelite that i can remember. I bought the Legend for $109 w/shipping brand new. Should be here in 2 days. I can't wait.
[signature]
After careful consideration and $ i bought the Legend for $109 w/shipping. Thanks for all the input fellas.
[signature]
i dont think you can go wrong with that one brody
[signature]
That is a great deal. I paid waay more (I believe $200) a year ago.
[signature]
Howdy, If you chose to go with the e-trek let me know I have a couple for sale , give me a call in the morning after 9 at 774-0922
Thanks Tim
[signature]