Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your superstition?
We all have our funny ways about us, including our funny little superstitions. What are your superstitions? [cool]
[signature]
I actually have a few superstitions, so I guess that makes me really wierd. LOL

First, I don't allow bannanas on my boat, or anything with bannanas in it.

Second, I have to be wearing my good luck hat. If you look in my pictures, i'm always wearing my Gamakatsu hat, or it's close by. I've got a new BFT hat, but I have to break it in gradually. First, I just take it with me and still wear my Gamakatsu hat. I can maybe get a couple pictures with it at first, but not too much too fast. Then, maybe i'll wear it for a while and catch a fish in it. Eventually, it will be ready to wear for the entire trip. [Tongue]

Third, I always toss a penny into the water before every trip. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I like to pay my respects to water before we ride through her swells. [cool]
[signature]
[size 1]My superstition: When I eat on the boat I toss the last bite in the water. I think of it as tossing a bite in the water so there will be a bite every time I go out. So far in my life I have "NEVER" been skunked. I'm not saying I wasn't out trying to catch a trash fish to save the day, but I've never been skunked. [/size]
[signature]
i like the penny superstition ill have to see if it works lol that and the bite thing...... when ever i catch a fish i always say thank u and send your friends my way (if its a bad day, the heat and the deleriousness makes me talk to the fish lol)
[signature]
LOL, you never know, those things might make a difference. It's not really a superstition, but I also do a fish dance. I know alot of people that do a fish dance, so I guess it's not too weird. I do mine kinda like the indians do thier water dance around the fire, accept I do mine around the console of my boat. [Tongue]
[signature]
LOL, yea, I dance a bit. Not only can I do a mean fish dance, I can two step and shag. [cool]
[signature]
HAHAHA OMG thats great im still laughin when i read that.... good news i got a new route on my job that takes me straight up I-27 and theres plenty of fishing out there and i get to do the drive on a saturday it takes me up i 27 all the way to clewiston ...... lake okeecooobeee lol
[signature]
No freaking bananas eaten or even touched days before anyone gets on my boat or they go overboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
why bananas ?
[signature]
I am not a supertitious person but facts speak for themselves!!! [pirate] Once of the coast of miami we were fishing and the catching was great till someone spotted the chiquita banana ship coming into the port of miami and the fishing just plain died ! Another time me and the family were fishing off islamorada on a party boat and couldnt get a yellowtail to bite for nothing. Everyone around us was catching fish and we were chumballing just like the rest of them.Then my wife rached into her bag and pulled a banana and everyone freaked out on the boat. I made her throw it overboard and then we started nailing the yellowtails. I have seen it happen to other people too. [Tongue] I have taken freinds on a boat and they have brouht bananas on board and couldnt buy a bite til they threw their bananas away. [laugh]
[signature]
ahh i see thank u for the info ocean BUT.... you guys owe me about 10 cents in pennies and half a sammmmiiitch i went out to the holey lands and i tossed in a penny and a bite of my sammich every stop i made... no bites..... well there was one bite but it coulda been a lilly pad
[signature]
Sorry man but there is no transitive value to superstitions. You can't take a superstition from someone else and make it work for you.[Tongue]
[signature]
i didnt go far enough into the everglades to effectivly catch for the time i was out (30-40 mins) there was how ever an alligator trying to eat my bait(plastic worm) so i guess i threw 2 much sammich in
[signature]
Na bro, you got it all wrong. You see, it's taken me years of penny tossing to accumulate enough money in the Bank of Triton to be able to make a with draw. [Wink]

And ol' Capt Joe V' has done the same with his lunch meat, years of tossing in a bite before he could use the food stamps at the local reef.

You'll find one one day, one of your own. And you'll know it yours when you experiance it. I promise. [cool]

Also, good news on finding some new fishing holes bro. You must tell us how you do when you give them a try. [Smile]
[signature]
Customers have somehow over the years slipped banannas on my boat 3 times, that I know of anyway.

1. The first time, my new outboard (12 hours) actually caught fire about a mile from the dock. Voltage regulator got hot, melted, and produced heavy smoke and flames when I removed the cowling to check smoke source. (Why we carry fire extinguishers!)

2. In the middle of prime tarpon season, in perfect weather, we fish all morning with only one bite, with tarpon rolling happily everywhere. Two, count 'em two, rods AND spinning reels get broke by the only fish we hook, a small tarpon jumping into the boat and smashing into the center console, where the rods are stowed vertically. My livewell pump goes out mid-day on the way back to port. And, I run over a submerged crab pot marker 1/2 mile from port.

3. Customers arrive in the Keys for a 4-day fishing trip, and the first morning is starts out gorgeous, with good fishing until about 10 am, when some idiot needs a snack and pulls out the dreaded fruit. Within 30 minutes, the wind begins blowing 20-25, and continues non-stop for the rest of the week. They get 4 hours of fishing out of 4 days. The day they leave, it goes back to nice water.

Need I say more???

I'm not supersticious, but NO BANANNAS! I'm convinced on that one.
[signature]