Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nitro worms
[sly] Has anybody fished with nitro worms and had success? I fished them with them at yuba last year under a bobber and got plenty of nice size walleyes to bite. Usually the carp gobble up my worms but they were more walleys eating nitros than carp. Gosh i really hate those carp! But they make great bait with a jig.I'm womdering if they are also good for trout. [Tongue]
[signature]
When they first came out I tried them bank fishing on the Gorge and caught some nice bows. Yellows and greens are some of the most visible colors in low light or murky water conditions so I think they were able to key on them a little better. We got the same effect by adding a green marshmallow to a regular worm, but they both produced better than a regular worm alone.
[signature]
uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh whats a nitro worm?

sm
[signature]
Nitro worms are just regular worms that have a green dye put in their bedding so they are more visible in the water.
[signature]
better life thru science!

[cool]

sm
[signature]
[blue][size 2]I've never tried them, though I had a friend tell me horror stories of the green crap all over the floor of his boat. Everyone I know who has tried them has done no better than with normal crawlers.[/size][/blue]