Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Ray Roberts guide report
Well, what do you do when you plan a trip and the weather just goes south, LITERALLY ????? You go anyway and do what you can to compensate. That is just what I did. Water temps ran from 44 to 47 and depending on where you are, clarity is from 4" to 1.5'. We did manage to get some bites, even in the bad conditions. Wood cover in 2 to 3ft of water was where we found them. Spinner baits and jigs were the baits of choice. The grass is growing in some areas but it is still short. The first sprig I pulled up my partner could not believe that it was green and growing.

We are still a little early, just try to keep that cabin fever a little while longer and watch for night time temps above 48dg, that is when the water will start to warm the most, and draw these fish to the spring fling.

Speaking of which, come by Bass Pro Shops for their Spring Fling, and I will be at the All Star Rod display, Thursday 3/6 thru Sunday 3/9.

Hope you can come by and say hello.

Till next time

good fishing and GOD BLESS

www.puddlesfish.com
817-563-6674 hm
817-729-6051 cell
[signature]
That caben feaver should not last much longer as the lower rivers are already going in to the spring runs with alot of fatter fish coming in than in past years. Am hopeing that when the temps up north come up that we can hear of the same type of reports. I think about 30 days will make a big differance for you guys up there.

Wish I had recieved info on the Bass Pro Shops Spring Fling sooner. It is already apon us and I am already covered up with making sure all is done and in place for the BFT Get Together and Free Tournament set for next month. Just got an order from them last week. I gota say that Bas Pro Shops are one of the premier places for an angler to get lost in.

After the Spring Fling, come back and let us know some of the great new stuf that the Texas anglers might like to dreem about having.
[signature]