Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Report!
Well i went out to Nelson Lake yesterday and it was really nice out. I finally decided to take out my tube and it was well worth it. i went straight across from the discharge and on my way throwing a rattle trap but didn't even get a bite on that. The shore straight across from the discharge has a drop off so i sat up on it and fished out from it and started getting a few bites on a black and blue jig n' pig with a plastic pumpkinseed pork Zoom trailer. My first fish i finally hooked was only about 15 " and then i moved my way back across and fished to the left side of the water coming out of the discharge up against the rocks and right away picked up 2 bass, about the same size as the first one, one after another, hanging up on some rocks.
After that it was getting late so i made a few casts and headed back in. I hope to get out a few more times this weekend coming up because the fishing is starting to get pretty good and lots of fun![Smile]

Next time i'll be sure to bring my camera with so i can show you what i was working with..
[signature]
Nice report! I was there too and had about the same luck!
[signature]
Forgot to add I caught a catfish on a tube! That was crazy!
[signature]
haha yeah thats the first catfish i've seen out of there![Tongue]

remember out at our creek when i caught that pike and walleye on a tube...crazyyy
[signature]
Last year I was fishing my secret smallmouth spot at autoban. I had been catching 18-20 inch small mouth and was hoping to catch a monster. Then it happened, my rod bent over more than it has in a long time. The small mouth of the century. I was using a 3inch tube texas rigged. to my surprise it was a 10lb carp. What the heck is he doing hitting a tube.[unsure]

James
[signature]
haha [cool] i bet that was pretty interesting when you pulled that up to the surface. i def. would have gotten a kick out of seeing that!
[signature]
I will be out there tommorow. Sunday. I will fish from 730-1200. I should be able to catch a few. I will give a report when I get back. As for power bait, I have a couple of packs of stuff and it works very well, so does my Berkley Gulp, but I don't think I would throw away my Yum, Strike king, and Zoom, plastics b/c I have had 50+ bass days on those plastics too out at nelson.[Smile] Power bait worms are very good!
[signature]
This morning was cold and windy. The sun didn't come out till about 1230. Couple of my friends were out too. They were in a boat while I was on the bank. No luck on the bank today. From what my friends were saying, it was combat fishing shoulder to shoulder on Sat. I suspect that the fishing pressure was higher today. The water went up just a little but very muddy today. Even Paul who wacked the fish on sat said that it was much muddier today. I think the fish might bite if that darn sun stays out. It's my luck that the sun was hidden all day until I left. I needed the sun to warm up the water a few more degree's. Well, the never been skunked streak is now over. On the bright side, I tried out my new reel and rod and they work great. worth every penny. Next time out I am bringing my boat. Even the boats out this morning did'nt do very well. May be the Afternoon crowd will have better results. Smile
[signature]
Nice report James! You're right it was combat on saturday. The shore was just packed right by the dishcharge. I had to work till about 3 and I got up there at 4. Lots of boats and A LOT of tubes. Lots of fishing pressure. I didnt see very many people catching much but I wasnt reallly looking. I myself only caught 3 tiny bass on the east shore across from the discharge on a tiny 4" worm. I was marking alot of fish but they were just not biting like they have been. toopuretodie had about the same luck out of his tube too. There was this one boat that was just nailing them though they would fish a spot that me and mike had just fished and they would be pulling them in like crazy. I think they were using crankbaits, but I'm not sure. I didnt have any hits on crankbaits when I used them. Maybe they were using live bait, who knows.

I might head out there tommorow I'm not too sure yet.
[signature]
Hey there walleye skeeter! Thanks for the tip! You should definelty register and become a member. Its free and easy![cool]
[signature]