Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake 3/17/07
Fished Fish Lake today with PIKEMAN99 and Tincanfsh. What a beautiful day on the ice. Ice was about 20 inches thick, except that it got a little thin near the edge where Billy and Glen crossed coming in (see the pictures). What a great place to ice fish. Fish for macks on the bottom with one rod and at the same time catch splake anywhere in the water column with the other rod or catch rainbow down to about 25' with the other rod. Glen caught by far the most and largest splake, Billy caught the most perch and got his share of rainbows and splake, and I caught plenty of perch (4 was more than enough for bait) my share of rainbows and splake and I took big-fish honors with a 35" 13 pound 7 ounce mack. Billy did great by catching us a large sucker for bait, and he lost a nice mack that he had on for a couple feet. I missed at least three other macks. Fun fellow anglers, gorgeous weather, beautiful scenery and plentiful fish -- it doesn't get much better than that!
[signature]
Nice Mack Kent . Way to get r done .
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Junior, nice report and pics. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you guys had some good action and congrats on the mack. Is that your personal best now?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Beautiful Mack! [Smile]
[signature]
Great report Kent. Congratulations on the mac. Fish Lake treated you guys good yester day.
[signature]
Nice report. Congrats on the teener.
[signature]
That is awesome Kent! Nice work.
[signature]
Way to go Kent, nice mack, that fish must finally put you in the ten pound mack club[cool]. Must have been a long day but well worth it, from your report. Of all the reports on Fish lake this winter, yours is the first I remember that said they caught a fish that big and had a picture to prove it.
[signature]
Yep, biggest mack to date. Largest before was only 7 pounds -- although I have lost larger. Especially gratifying to catch it at Fish Lake, because of all of the family dies. BTW -- your rod handled it beatifully. Sorry, but your rod is no longer a virgin.[Sad]
[signature]
Way to go, Kent!!

Proof again that, "Old fishermen never die; sometimes they just need help with their rod." [blush][blush][blush]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]It couldn't have been "deflowered" by a better friend or a finer and more deserving angler. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am proud you had the honor of the first fishie. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Uhhhhhhh...I will get it back, won't I?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wow, congratulations, most impressive fish. Did that bruiser come through the 10 inch hole in the ice, or did you need to improvise? Thanks for the great report.
[signature]
It came through my 10-inch hole just fine. I could tell that Glen has had some experience in getting large fish out of an ice hole.
[signature]
Nice fish kent. Now your in the top of the challenge. I have officially given up so win it for me.[Wink]
[signature]
Billy sent me another picture. Forgive me for posting this, I realize it is just a minnow when it comes to macks, but hey it is my largest so far.

[inline Mack.jpg]
[signature]
Nice mac! I have fond memories of trolling Fish Lake when I was a kid but have never fished it thru the ice. Any idea how much longer the ice will be safe there?
[signature]
I'm not sure how much longer one will be able to ice fish down there. The problem is access from the shore, with the edges getting soft. Out on the main lake the ice was at least 20 inches thick, if not thicker. There is a good chance that I will be down there again this Saturday.
[signature]
Nice fish Kent!!!
[signature]
WOW Kent! That is a beautiful fish. I love the pic. Jealous I wasn't there with you. Sounds like an amazing day. We need to get out some time soon.
[signature]
Tony, read my invite for this Saturday. One guy has responded and is joining me, but so far there is room for one or two more.
[signature]