Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GLADWIN WALLEYE ASSOCIATION
WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW , ME , THE GUY THAT ALWAYS SAYS SUPPORT YOUR SPORT DID A BO-BO , I JUST RECIVED A NOTICE THAT I'M LATE ON MY DUES . I'L BE CORRECTING THAT REAL SOON ! [blush]

THE NEXT MEETING OF THE GLADWIN AREA WALLEYE ASSSOCIATION.INC . WILL BE AT THE SECORD TOWNSHIP HALL , FRIDAY , MARCH 14th , 2003 , AT 7:30 P.M. NEW MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME .

I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE INFO ON THE GROUP , THEY RAISE WALLEYE FOR STOCKING OUR LAKES HERE IN MICHIGAN , IT'S NOT AN EASY JOB EITHER . PREPING THE POND , REPAIRS AND MATINANCE TAKE A LOT OF TIME AND MUSSEL , HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO BABYSIT A FEW THOUSAND FISH ? FEED , FRY PURCHASES , BUILDING MATERIALS , DELIVERY AND DONATIONS TO WORTHEY CHARITIES , ALL KINDS OF COST GO INTO THIS PROJECT , INCLUDEING A COLLECTION CELEBRATION ( COLLECTING THE LITTLE GUYS UP TO BE SHIPPED OUT TO THERE NEW HOMES ) WITH HOT DOGS AND POP FOR EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS .

WHY ? IT'S A LABOR OF LOVE !

CURRENTLY THERE ARE 143 MEMBERS , WITH FIVE BOARD DIRECTORS ,

PRESIDENT ; DUANE KORKOSKE

VICE PRESIDENT ; BILL NORRIS

SECUTARY / TREASURER ; BILL AVERY

DIRECTOR ; JACK AUSTIN

DIRECTOR ; DICK DIECHMAN

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THESE GUYS , STOP BY THE MEETING OR UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE , SEND ME YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFO AND I'LL PASS IT ALONG ! THIS IS A REALLY NICE ENDEVOR ,

MAYBE THE NEXT OR YOUR LAST WALLEYE HAD THESE GUYS RAISE THEM FOR YOU .
[signature]
say lonehunter, if you can get twenty of those members to sign up as members here at Big Fish, we can open up a club board for you guys here as one of the michigan sub boards.

membership is free, of cource,

we can set up the board in a couple ways, semi privet or open,

open any one can read and post to your club board

semi privet any one can read it but only members can post to it.

the semi Privet is the best way to go, Being a past club president and treasure and vice president, and director, I know how important it is to stay in comunication with each other, (if some one starts to feel left out they will drop out)

one of the best features here is being able to post your news letters, [#ff0000](weekly by weekly or monthly, what ever it is)[/#ff0000] by posting it here you can save your selves tons of money and labor if posted here insted of hand mailing. [#ff0000](it wont cut out all your mailing because not every one has a computer, but I will bet that more than 2/3's of your members do.) [/#ff0000][#000000] [/#000000]

[#000000]another great featrue is if you have an outing planned and for some reason something changes and you need to get information out to all your members and perspective new members, posting hot post on your information members can take a quick look befor walking out the door to see if any thing had changed from your last meeting as things often do. [/#000000]
[signature]
that's a fantastic idea , dave ! i'm going to give them a call in the morning . it sure will beat having to start a website and they will have controll over it . and the guys can keep in regular contact , with the semi privaet , maybe bring in some new members for the association .

thats what i like about you guys at B.F.T. , your always supporting us with new ideas to promote our state boards .

thanks , lonehunter .
[signature]
well the meeting went well , the board members decided to check out the site . jack will contact me upon his return in two weeks and will have another member join us for the review . all were in favor of the proposal .

i had planed on copying a few pages to give them as a visual aid , but my cat decided to remove a rubber string from the inside of our printer . it hasen't come back from the repair shop yet .

the associations members are dispursed thru out the state , it is not known as of yet how many have computers . if the review is favorable , it is proposed that the news be posted on the next outgoing newsletter .

a photo story on the rearing pond was of great intrest to all . i plan on posting a start to finish yearley story .

overall , the benifits of dave's idea were seen as a positive indevor for the group .
[signature]
our next meeting is set up for april 11th , at the sugar springs golf course .
[signature]
do they do a feeding station where folks can buy a hand full of feed to feed them eyes?

have they built a free web site yet? if they need a hand they are more than welcome to give me a hollar, or you can do it lonhunter, I see from your site you are getting a handle on how every thing works.
[signature]
as i understand it they clear the pond area in the fall , rake it and remove all debre in the spring and make any repairs needed . fill it with lake run-off and then fertilize the water for algie groth . the fry will live off the algie for a period . local members take turns feeding the fish as they grow and familys are incouraged to visit the site thruout the rearing season . as soon as things break weather wise i plan on doing a photo series like the maple syrup story .
[signature]
should make for some good reading
[signature]
now if only mother nature would cooperate so we can fill the pond !
[signature]
can i join let me no how by privete messegeing me thanks [center][Image: flyani.gif][/center] [center]lonewolf[/center] [center]

[/center]
[signature]