Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What item(s) do you most frequently forget to bring?
We've been over what everyone just has to have when we hit the water. But if anyone is like me, i'd forget my head if it wasn't glued on. My fishing trips start with a 3 AM wakeup call. Remember fellas, i've got a 2 hour drive to the hill everytime I hit the water, so I get started early so I can be on the water and fishing by day break.

I'm one of those people that forgets things on a regular basis. LOL, I guess it's just in my nature. Two trips in a row last season I payed for 50 pounds of ice and didn't realize I didn't load it until I dropped my anchor at the reef. LOL

I even forgot the key to the boat one time. Of course, my father in law pointed out that no one is going to crank it up in the yard and drive it off. LMAO, so I started leaving the key in the boat from that point on. That particular trip I had to hot wire the boat so we didn't waste the 2 hours worth of gas driving to the dock.

I think the ice is the biggie though. I always forget the damn ice. LOL
[signature]
I've forgotten everything at one time or another, and forgotten everything I've forgotten over the years. But, I have a checklist I now use every day, even though I go most every day and its pretty routine. The only time I forget something is if I forget to check the checklist!

Worst one was many years ago, I trailered by boat from home to an inland lake to meet customers--with no fishing rods! OOppppps. I went back though, gave them a long day, caught fish, and to this day they still remind me every trip to not forget the rods!
[signature]
Ok I forgot the key to the boat during a tournament. Drove to meeting spot for the team jumped in a buddy's truck ond left the key in my car. Luckily I married the one woman who understands, Phone call at 4:45am honey get my keys and drive the hour and a half to meet me. We made check out but the rest of the story is too long and gisgusting to tell.

I've left behind the camera, bait, and one time a client, LOL, guy was an idiot. I did a mixed trip and this one guy I never met sits on a chair at the dock watching me load the boat with gear and supplies. Then watches all the other guys get on the boat, watches me pull away from the dock. 10 mins out my phone rings "I think you may have left me behind".
[signature]
LOL, that's pretty funny bro! I've never forgot the rods.............Yet. The season is young though. [Tongue] Atleast the people you were taking out were good sports about it. They could have been a real pain.

You know, i've noticed over the years that alot of times it's the days that we forget something or things don't go according to plan that i've had some of my best trips. Fate maybe?
[signature]
Oh man, I left the camera home a single time, and it ruined my trip. If you haven't noticed, most of my pictures are of other people or my son. I actually get more joy out of putting other people on the fish. I love taking pictures of my son (sailfish4me) when he gets a big one. He's got a cool photo gallery going on the site too. [cool] I love pictures because it captures the fish without having to kill it. I keep a few fish, but no more than what I can eat or know I can give away to family and friends.
[signature]
[size 1]
Quote:[size 1]I keep a few fish, but no more than what I can eat or know I can give away to family and friends. [/size]
[/size]
I wish it was that way for me too, clients want everything, I try to educate, some comply, but then people at the docks are asking why so few fish. I can't wait for the days I can forget the meat fishermen. I would love to do a catch and release only business but I don't think it would fly.
[signature]
I keep my fair share, but I let alot go. The bad thing about the people that pay for charter is alot of them don't want to eat the fish at all. They want a trophy to take home and boast over. But, that's just how it goes.

That's like last season. I could have had some killer photo's of alot of fish, but I would have injured or killed nearly all of them in the process of getting a photo. i'd rather just let them go. I don't need browny points, i've caught plenty of big fish in my time. [cool]
[signature]