Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo River
The provo below Jordanelle fished very well monday. a lot of fisherman for a monday but the fish didn't seem to mind. Nymphing with Green caddis larva #14 and #18 soft hackle sow. caught 3 browns 14" to 18" up top were other fishermen had not been then later in the day went down to a bridge that had been busy with fisherman caught 3 more browns right off the bat, one over 20". Nice day!!!
[signature]
Cool James! Sounds like a good day on the provo.
[signature]
Hey James...would you mind posting a photo of those two flies ? Headin up there this Friday and I wanna make sure I've got something similiar with me when we go. If you can't....no biggee.
[signature]
here is the caddis larva,it did the best.
[signature]
and here is the soft hackle sow.
[signature]
Nice james cant wait to get out. Do you still have any flytieing stuff left over for sell?hooks etc
[signature]
do still have a bunch of fly tying stuff but the real popular hooks and materials have been picked out.
[signature]
The middle Provo is a beautiful place to fish. Unfortunately, the word is out. I honestly think the Middle Provo is now more crowded than the Lower Provo.
[signature]
Went up and fished the middle provo from 8:00 to 2:00 today both near cottonwood canyon and from the 1st south bridge. Not a fish to be had at cottonwood, but did catch 5 below 1st south bridge. Largest was about 15". Did not have the green larvae or soft hackle sow (read this report this am before going.) Caught the fish on a #14 bead head pheasant tail and a #18 red swannundaze midge. Could not get any hits on green hairs ears or regular sow bugs. Lots of BWOs floating around, but no rising going on.
[signature]
red swannundaze is always a good pattern for the provo.
[signature]
what is a red swannundaze? is that like a serendipity?
[signature]
A small red midge larva usually tied on a 16 or 18 scud hook thread and rapped with swanandaze or v-rib.
[signature]
anyone have a picture of one they can post?
[signature]
here is a photo from one of my fly tying books of the swannundaze midge.
[signature]