Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two days of great fishing - Pensacola, Florida
Spring has arrived in full swing with temperatures in the high 60’s to middle 70’s.
Fishing has been very good. The annual sheepshead bite has started, along with the pompano run. I’m also catching the occasional slot redfish.

It’s been a bit windy the past few weeks, so it’s been a little tough getting out. We haven’t had much rain this month, so the water is very clear. In fact, I actually prefer the water to be a little murkier than it is right now; it helps when the fish can’t see your line / leader.
In the next few weeks, the trout bite should start to pick up, as the trout will start to move out of the rivers and deep holes and into the flats.

Yesterday's trip was great! Cliff, his brother John, and John’s son-in-law, Bobby, had a great time catching sheepshead, black drum, and redfish. We had a neap tide, which made fishing, or actually catching, tough, but we managed to bring home a pretty good box of fish.

Todays trip went great, we caught a Sheepshead, and Black Drum..No Redfish today, we had a couple on, but they wrapped us up under the piling and broke us off.

Here are few pictures of yesterdays & today’s catch.
[Image: PDRM01301.jpg]
[Image: PDRM01481.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks for the report skipper! Looks like those fellers are gonna eat good this week! [cool] It looked a little choppy in that bottom picture, I take it the wind was really ripping.
[signature]
Nice pics Capt, does your camera put your name on the pics? I always wat to do that but don't have the time to photoshop all my pics. I have repeat clients that come back after a few years saying they have pics from the trip but lost my phone number, it would be nice to give them pics with the info on them. When they show up during season and I'm already booked it really stinks.
[signature]
Tarpon4me; yes it was pretty windy out, both days the wind got up to a good 15 knots or a little more in the afternoon. Both mornings it was only 10 knots,
You can't tell by the picture but it was windy on both days, the first picture we are hidding behind another pier just infront of the boat that is keeping the waves and wind at bay.

I'm fishing near old Ft. Pickens, it use to be a great tourist attraction for campers and everyone esle, but Hurricane Ivan and Denise wiped out the road so now the only way to get to this area is either by 4 wheel drive car which you need permission from the park rangers or by boat. Not to many people fish the new pier anymore, the only way is to beach your boat and walk up to the pier.
--------------------------
Capt. Joe;
I use a photo program to ad text to my pics, I use to and still sometimes build websites for a living. I also did some networking, and that's how we came up with the name MEGA-BITE for my guide business, well my wife came up with the name I have to give her credit. I thought it was kind of cool, fishing and computers mix, she's good whith things like that.
-------------------------------------------------
[signature]
After seeing you use to build websites, I was compelled to check your out. That's a really cool site you have. I was very impressed.

I noticed you specialized in Cobia as well. What time of year is best for the big ling? How much would you charge me for a trip? I'd like to take my son on a cobia trip. We get cobia up here, but not like you guys do. It's much harder to target them out of my Murrells Inlet waters. [Sad]
[signature]