Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogden river chunkers
Flycastin and I hit the Ogden river today and we really ripped some lips. We were fishing about half way up the canyon. Flycastin started with a panther martin and I was throwing my trusty rapala. Within the first couple of casts we both hooked up and it was like that for the rest of the day. We landed about 25 fish between the two of us. The biggest was about 16-17 inches and the smallest at about 13 inches. It was a great day and the water conditions were perfect, not too clear and not too muddy. I attached some pics for your viewing pleasure.
[signature]
I haven't fished the Ogden in years...looks like I need to change my tune! Nice day on the water for sure! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Good times... The fish were VERY agressive today. Multiple times we have fish on at the same time. [Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like a good trip, but the water seems a bit shallow for the tube.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah, it was a bit shallow for the tubes.. [Tongue]
[signature]
Nice catch! I don't think the ogden gets the credit it deserves by most anglers.
[signature]
The Ogden??? There's no fish in the Ogden! [Tongue]
[signature]
Exactly[cool]
[signature]
Nice fishing guys damn that looks fun. I have never caught anything in there.
[signature]
did you guys try below the canyon? great pictures[Wink]
[signature]
Nope... Just in the canyon. I have noticed that we catch fewer below than above. Probably due to the easy access resulting in high pressure.
[signature]
TubeDude was wondering if Deer Creek would be good for eyes, we were thinking of going early in the morning. Or would Starvation be better ?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]This time of year the main issue seems to be FINDING them. They can be tough in both waters.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]DC is closer and offers the potential of some good ice out trout too. Walleyes are likely to be anywhere but fishing along the rocks below the tracks...up to the inlet...is probably your best bet. They do not spawn in DC until late April most years.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I probably won't get jiggy about Starvation until May or early June.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks I'll let you know what happened
[signature]