Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peacock bass
[cool][#008000]Next week's radio show is about FF for the Peacock Bass.[/#008000]

Our next show - Peacock Bass

We're getting very close to our next broadcast featuring Barry Reynolds.
Barry will be answering your questions about fly fishing for Peacock Bass -
a beautiful and exciting fish.

Barry has recently returned from an exciting fly fishing adventure for peacock bass on the Rio Negro River in Brazil. Peacock bass are also found in the rivers and canals of Florida, Hawaii, Central America and other South American countries.

Join Barry to learn the secrets of fly fishing for these incredible fish.

Go to his 'ASK' page using the link below and ask him a question:

[url "http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/speakers/barry"]http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/speakers/barry[/url]

Tune in, Wednesday April 4th, to hear his answers...

6:00 PM Pacific
7:00 PM Mountain
8:00 PM Central
9:00 PM Eastern

To access the show using the Internet just visit our home page at
the time of the show and you'll see the red link 'Listen to the LIVE Show',
just click on this link to launch Windows Media Player and listen to
the broadcast.

[url "http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/"]http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com[/url]

One click and you're listening in LIVE.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Peacock Bass are some of the KOOOLEST fish. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I am going to catch one before I die![/size][/black]
[size 3]Those Brazil ones are HUGE![/size]
[signature]
Ill give you a huge AMEN to that...have seen several shows with baitcasters and fly fishermen catching these awesome fish.. what a challenging fish in so many ways..

btw FG... I know you will fulfill your wish..and when you do I want a full story and lots and lots of pictures..... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]No Problemo[laugh][/size][/black]
[signature]
I'm headed to Hawaii this summer. Guess what is on my list???[Wink]
[signature]
[Tongue][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Duh I know, I know the answer - [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23232;][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
No..has to be a luau and maitais...

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Shame on you macfly - that is a Mai Tai. You have to get out more often. Maybe tubeN2 will take you to the land of Polynesian with him & treat you to a Mai Tai. LOL Hey it is either Hawaii with tubeN2 or Brazil with FGD & her clan.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Well.........that was second. I was thinking of a nice Peacock 1st, Mai Tai second, Tiger Shark 3rd, Mai Tai 4th................[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there tubeN2, First is the Mai Tai because it is the custom that one toasts the fish to be caught. So it goes like this: Toast one, catch one. Toast two, catch two, etc. You wouldn't want to upset the booze Gods now would you? LOL[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Ok I guess I'll follow your suggestions. After all, you only have me beat by a couple or few years and I trust your judgement.[cool]
[signature]
DR,

LOL.. I was in a hurry when I typed that.. now to answer you...

Id say since FG is better looking than TN2 Id go there first.. then HI.. or best yet......

win the lottery and take everyone to both places... [sly] but ...

I do like your idea of toast one.. catch one... toast two.. catch two.. Id lose count after a bit but by then I dont think anyone..including the fish.. would mind.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I know FG is better looking than me. After a few Mai Tai's I am acutally a hansome dude. After a few more I am really a hunk. After a few more you may pass out drunk.[cool]
[signature]
[sly][sly][sly][sly] so how I just cannot beat your logic...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Now you guys are marching to the right drummer. Drinking alone or without a purpose is just sick. Toasting a catch or trying to improve one's looks or someone else's is sufficient reason to bend a few. Hey there tubeN2, Hawaii use to be part of my sales territory but only once in 10 years did I go fishing. Deep sea that is. Results Zero, Nada. Forgot to toast the fishes first. Need I say more?[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
All this talk about drinks has me thirsty. LOL You can have the Mai Tai, when I was in Guam, we toasted to the fish with a glass of Merlot. Something extra dry and full of taste. The fish in the S. Pacific favor a red wine. [Tongue]
[signature]
the fish or the fishermen???
[signature]
Go Figure!!![laugh]
[signature]
I'm headed to Hawaii this summer. Guess what is on my list???[Wink]

Hulla dancers and surfin
[signature]
Think about this one Pokymon.......I don't dance too well. I only have 2 kids. I have caught thousands of fish in my life and consumed thousands of frothy beverages.

Those little flowery things that they put around your neck make me sneeze from the pollen. That only leaves one thing to enjoy over there.[Wink]
[signature]