Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunked again but always enjoy just being out.
Once again I gave it my all started fishing at about 9am thismornig fishing for some early spring salmon on the columbia at beacon rock Fished all day till about 3pm and called it a day right as I was leaving the first fish of the day was caught out of about twelve other bankers plunking with a chartreuse spin and glow and a prawn, Same thing i was useing.They are dumping about 70,000 gallons of water out of bonnevile dam tonight to help in the release of hatchery salmon and move the smelt through. The comercial fisherman will also be netting tonight and tomorrow till i dont no when so im not sure what all this will do for the fishing but ill be back at it next week end. Last weekend i had the same report for meldrum bar on the willammette and I also fished henry hagg lake opening day very cold and not a nibble or fish caught in site. I can only say that unfortenatly 3-4 days befor i fished meldrum my brother and friend where catching salmon and steelehead and 3-4 days befor i fished beacon they were also catching Salmon seem to be getting there a day late but the fihing still has yet to get hot and Ill be there.......
[signature]