Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best seats for Skiff?
I just picked up a 14' Carolina Skiff (similar to 13' Boston Whaler) but it's totally empty, no seats or console. I'm putting a small 10-15 hp outboard on it to use in the Delaware and lakes in Pennsylvania at our summer home. What seats work best to go fishing? I can get a bench, bucket seats on a pedastal, or a center bench-center console type seat. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
[signature]
[left]If it was me, it would be bucketseat with pedastal. Takes up less room.[/left]
[signature]
i also would go with the pedastal seats
[signature]
First of all Geoffs, welcome to the BFT message boards!

Great question, and like previously mentioned, the bucket seats on pedastals would be much more roomy and comfy. The only way i'd suggest a bench seat w/ an insulated box is they make great live wells. I would say if you intend on using live bait, you may want to consider a bench seat w/ built in box. Live wells take up alot of room. Todd makes a great product, check out boatersworld.com. [cool]
[signature]
I don't know if you are familiar with Budd lake but at Doc's Marine you can pick up used parts there for next to nothing. I got 2 stainless rod holders, 10' antena, an accsess panel and I don't know the technical name but the finish trim for my bilge hose all for 28.00. I also have 2 pedestals from my old tracker if you are interested.
[signature]
I sorta wish I was starting all over with a Bare boat.

If I were going to drive the boat from the rear seat with a tiller on an outboard, I'd have two seperate seats at the stern, one on each side.
Flip up tops with storage. I'd line the inside of the box with Hi-density Foam. Doubling as a Cooler, and as floatation.

The center seat would be for rowing in my case.

It would be a pedastol type. Rotating, and the Base would slide back and forth as I rowed. Just like a Commercial rowing maching.
I ust the motor to get close and row the rest of the way.
You might not like that feature. Just put a Pedastal seat there.
Some pedastal's are made in a box like fashion to all for storage underneath.

The Front seats would be on a small bow deck. A pedastal again.
That whole deck would lift up, hinged at the front. The compartment under it would be lined with 2" Hi-D foam.

That's three seat stations in a 14' boat. That's enough
[signature]