Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port O'Connor Redfish Action (Saltwater Flies)
What saltwater flies are producing for the reds and trouts during this month?

Thanks!!
Alan
[signature]
The reds wher bunching up in transitional areas because of less than normal water shed from rain. A transitional area is one that seldom holds more than a couple of Redfish and they are typically on their way somewhere else.
You will locate Trout to 18” over shell/mud mix in SAB.
The fish are holding on the downwind side of the shell at it’s deepest point.
Please take note that if you look at previous years reports skip ahead in time by about 3-6 weeks as everything is running ahead this year on location and Technologies to catch the fish in the area. This is caused by the wormer waters and reduced water shed.
I am not too good on artifishal baits and flies so not much I can say there to help. I prefer to use live or cut baits myself.
Live mullet or shrimp would be my choice in targeting the Reds and Shrimp for the Trout.
Hope this info will help you abit. Let me know how your trip goes. Have a great day on the waters.
Dwight
[signature]
Thanks Dwight!! I have some flies for crab, shrimp and mullet fingerlings so I'm hoping that they will do just fine. I'll also be using live (well dead more than likely but by golly it'll be fresh-dead!!) shrimp.

Late last night I started browsing through the reports and compiling some notes and these have been a tremendous help as well!

Thanks for all your inputs!!
Alan
[signature]