Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPI surf 3/8
The fishing was slow but we managed to catch a few whiting and a big sting ray.We saw a couple of winter Texans with a stringer of whiting that they could not lift, only drag.They had their wife running around sucking golden sand shrimp out of the sand with a sand shrimp sucker.LOL That was the secret bait for the day they said.Our trip was pretty well messed up.A guy that was fishing with us insisted on picking up a big sting ray, that I had caught.He wanted his picture with it. After a few warnings from my fishing partner.The ray stung the guy on the arm. Needless to say, in about 30 minutes we headed back to town so he could go to the hospital.I gave him some jelly fish sting medicine I had in my box and before he got to the hospital the medicine took hold and made the pain bearable.We spent too much time driving and not enough fishing.
[signature]
Wow!

I just asked in another post if you had hit the water.

Lookes like we need your friend up at the Tournament if anyone catches a Ray. He is now a seasoned saltwater Angler! A ray or jellyfish will seasen any angler fast! I think he will listen alot more now when warned of a danger. Sorry to here your time on the water was cut short and hope you can get back out there again real soon. Nice to here that the Whitting are running strong down there now. I expect we will se many caught during the Tournament next month.

If you can check what all is running down on SPI, let me know. The information will be very helpful to me.
[signature]