Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Striper and Crappie in Santee Cooper
I've called a large number of Charter captians that guide along the Santee cooper lake systems in search of a Striper or Crappie trip. To my surprise, none of the guides will do a trip for either species. According to ALL the guides, the striper and crappie fishing is almost non-existant due to over fishing. I was very surprised to hear this information and equally surprised that the SC DNR has yet to address this issue. The last thing we need to do is fish a Species entirely out of a body of water. I'm going to contact the SC DNR and bring this to thier attention and see what happens. Once I get the info rolling, i'll post a link to the DNR so other SC anglers can join in on emailing the DNR to request an intervention to help bring back the fish population. I'll keep you posted..........
[signature]
The guy that needs to be emailed is named Ross Self. This is his email address:

[url "mailtoConfusedelfr@dnr.sc.gov"]selfr@dnr.sc.gov[/url]

Please shoot this guy an email expressing your concern for the population of striper and crappie in the Santee Cooper lake systems. This isn't just about fishing, it's about preserving a future fishery for our children and conserving the resources that are there.

Thanks alot guys!
[signature]