Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio's board is pretty empty. It's not that cold. Is it?
I have been fishing walleye on the waters of Lake Erie for the past 20 some years and was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on a few new tips? The Lake Erie Gods have not been very accomodating to the drift-casters for several years now. Each year is more of a challenge than the last. Clearer water, zebra mussles, gobey and ruff infestations, Canada's nets, all seem to bring more obstacles to the simple cast and retrieve method I love. (I hate trolling) What do I need to do to improve my success? (besides trolling. Did I mention that?)

Thanks for your thoughts! I'll just sit back and watch the ice melt for another month or so.

Eric
[signature]
I agree it is pretty empty.

I will posting fishing reports for Lake Erie on this board. I will give the lat lon numbers were the fish are located and how we are catching them.

This should help.
[signature]
I too will be sure to share some productive numbers.

Has anyone seen a good online map? I'd like to log in this year's progress.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Eric, Maptech has a very good map of Erie. I have an iPAC handheld computer with a NAVMAN G.P.S. It is the best map around shows all the rock piles and other depth contours. Go to [url "http://www.maptech.com/"][#000000]www.maptech.com[/#000000][/url] The accuracy is the best.[/size][/font]
[signature]
hey eric , any fish yet ?
[signature]
Thanks for asking lonehunter, but no. I have to wait a little while longer to de-ice the lake. Won't be long now. I have to get some time away from the two jobs I work and the family responsibilities as well. Hopefully by mid-April the boat will be floating again and a-jigging I will go. I'll be sure to post my progress then. The boat wasn't behaving very nicely last year, but I am looking forward to testing out all the repairs. Right now I am rigging up some "mayfly" type worm harnesses and oiling up the reels with some Quantum Hot Sauce. That stuff is remarkable! Try it if you haven't already. Til next time...
[signature]
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN , YOU HAVE TO STEAL TIME FOR YOURSELF SOMETIMES . WHAT WAS THE MOTOR DOING ?

FISHGUIDE WILL BE POSTING WALLEYE REPORTS . THEY WILL SAVE YOU SOME TIME OUT ON THE LAKE .
[signature]