Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber 4/12
My uncle and I went and fished the weber right out side of morgan and the to mt. green. I had one on and then it broke off. that was the only action we had all day. I think i should of went up higher but i do not really know where to go.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. There are a few good areas just a little further up the freeway. I haven't been by there for a few weeks, so I don't knpw what the water looks like.

The stretch along Round Valley golf course holds tons of fish. PT's, Hares Ears, and other basics do really well thru there this time of year. A little further up the road off of the Taggart exit is another good spot. [cool]
[signature]
Is the access all public or do you have to go through private is wanship any good or do you not go that high. thank you for the pointers
[signature]
How do you get to the golf course in Morgan. I have heard everyone talk about it and I have an itch to go. It you want PM me with directions.

katghoti
[signature]
There is access to fish at wanship but beware stay down river of the freeway bridge. The fish and game officer watches tresspassers like it was his own property and will ticket you.

To access round valley: go to the east side of the club house,there is an old school house. a road goes to the side of it through the golf coarse to the camping area. if you would like to camp there you pay a fee at the club house. The golf corse is east of town, if I remember right 1 block past spring chicken inn turn east. that road will take you to it.
[signature]
That's right.... I believe once you get to "down town" Morgan there is a sign to the golf course as well. Just follow it, then follow James' instructions from there. [cool]
[signature]
how was the river flowing, last saturday it had hardly any drifts it looked like a pond. we could see the carp everywhere
[signature]
It was running quick but i was lower so i dont know how it was higher
[signature]
HFT is correct on his directions to the golf coarse. I grew up in Morgan so I know it well.
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]how was the river flowing, last saturday it had hardly any drifts it looked like a pond. we could see the carp everywhere
[/size][/black][/font]

DID YOU SAY CARP!!!!!!! let me attem[laugh]
[signature]
do you have to go through town to get to it?
[signature]
yes. one road in from town.
[signature]
That's interesting. Normally there is a good flow through that area, and I have never seen a carp there at all. There are some good sized suckers and whitefish though. [Tongue]
[signature]
our usual spot we mainly fish looked like a canal there was a drift about every fifty yards. so while walking down the river i thought i saw a giant trout. but with a closer look it was diffinetly a carp and so were the (about) thirty other carp there. It was like a fish farm it was so easy to see em. my nephew tried for hours to snag one since they wouldn't bite a lure.
[signature]
I'm pretty sure you're seeing Utah Suckers and not carp. I caught a 26 inch one just down stream from Taggarts a couple years ago. Wasn't aware they were in there at the time and had to look up what kind of sucker it was when I got home. Before I landed it I thought it was a huge whitefish.
[signature]
Yeah i have seen suckers never seen any crap. I have caught a Utah sucker but it wasnt any bigger than 15 inches.
[signature]
i've caught suckers before but have never seen them as big as the suckers swimming around that day who knows lets get a biologist on here
[signature]
I got a pretty big sucker the other weekend on the Weber near Wanship. I am assuming it is a UT sucker... It was just over 20 inches. Attached is the picture.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id...rch_engine]
[signature]
Those suckers are fun to catch on a fly!!! we have caught a bunch in that area on glo bugs. they have shoulders and you know you have one on when your reels drag starts singing as it runs up river against the current.

Don't feel bad hazmattr, I have had a lot of guys confuse these guys as carp,looking at them through the water they look like Carp.
[signature]
no way do I feel bad I've caught one there before summer two years ago to be exact. Also like six years ago when I was a bit younger I saw some punk guys catch one and to release it they drop kicked it back in the water. But they didn't do it with the other fish. Here's a pic of the one I caught
[signature]