Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Water?
All the years I have travled to the coast I have never fished those dark waters you see when you get closer to the beach. I would like to know if the fishing is good in those waters. You don't ever see any shows on the TV about it or at lest I haven't. I know its freshwater but how about bass or crappie. The kind of lures is used if not live. I may never go but if I ever get the chance I would like to know a little...[unimpressed]
[signature]
LOL, it's hard to miss the black water rivers of SC. They can be just as tricky to fish as they are interesting to see for the first time. Infact, yesterday was my second trip to the little pee dee and my second trip of getting skunked. LOL, that's just how it is sometimes.

Both the little pee dee, great pee dee, waccamaw, and lynches rivers have plenty of great fishing. Bream, crappie, catfish, bass, pickeral, etc... Lots of great fishing. Each river has it's basic rules of thumb, but for the most part, it's all the same. Deep holes for cat's during the day, shallows at night. Bass and bream dig the shallow bank structure and crappie dig the deep structure, bridges, and docks.

If you're going to use a lure, use something shiney or in a white or similar color. Something that's going to show up very good in the dark water. I prefer white when it comes to using a worm, and I like the shad colors when I toss a rapala. The more action the better, so don't forget your broken back minnows. You can also get live bait all along those rivers(except for the pee dee rivers, better bring it with you). Just tell me which rivers you're planning on fishing, and i'll make sure you get the names of the tackle stores close by including thier phone numbers. [cool] Good Luck!
[signature]