Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first big fish of my year so far
Caught her about 8 o'clock this morning on a ultralight with 4 pound line. Good ol watermelon seed zoom fluke got her. Another good middle georgia bass 8.2 pounds. [inline "8.2 pounds.bmp"]
[signature]
Nice Fish Bro! I have bass envy. LOL The largest bass i've ever caught was 9.75 pounds, and I wasn't even bass fishing. [Tongue] A friend of mine and I were bream fishing with ultra light spinning tackle at a local lake years ago. I hooked a small bream and while reeling it in, something slammed it! I looked around for a bit and finally saw this monster settling back down in his roost. I tossed every lure I had it, worked it fast, slow, and everything in between. Finally, my buddy caught another bream and I told him to hang onto it. I stuck a 2/0 kahle hook on the line with on weight and tossed it out. BAM! He slammed it right away. What a monster fish. We kept it alive in a cooler full of water long enough for my mom and pops to bring the video camera down. I got a quick recording with it and set it free. What a monster fish. Everything i've ever caught has been only in the 2-3 pound range, except that one.

Great fish Matt! [cool]
[signature]
I was targeting the 2-3 pound range, thats I had my ultralight and not my hog stick out. If you can land a big one on an ultralight setup just makes it that much more fun! I hope I break the 10 pound mark this year, I have a good feeling.
[signature]