Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Pee Dee fishing report for 4/14
Well, the fishing hasn't gotten better in the last week, atleast not this past Saturday. The river has probably come down about 2 feet, but still no luck. I noticed that the water temp dropped 2 degrees in the last week, no dought from the cold front that passed through. That slight drop is enough to keep the fish from biting.

We managed to NOT get a bite on the catfish rods again. LOL, it's like my father in law says, "this is getting discouraging." But maybe three will be a charm. It was kinda funny, when we got to the hole to drop down the line, I managed to get the same goldfish out of the livewell I used last time. How do I know this for sure? He had the scar in his back from when I put the hook in him last time. LOL, I figure he's going through post tramatic stress right about now, having nightmares about his two trips to the bottom of the murkey water river. No dought surrounded by monster cats and thankful they weren't in the mood to eat. [sly]

The bream fishing is almost nonexistant as the constant change in water temp has them dazed and Confused. The general consensis from the other anglers I talked to said it would be about another month the way things are going. I tend to agree. I did managed to catch a small shad while bream fishing, which I lost in a snag at my catfish hole. That didn't last long. [unimpressed]

Needless to say, it's that time of the year where fishing is in a transition phase. Only the lucky do good in SC during this time. I hope everyone else had better luck than I.
[signature]
other than the spring river runs our lake fishing is about the same as yours till the middle of may...

give us a little prep time.... do some last minute fixes to our fishing equipment... [Wink]

if ya got every thing done, it never hurts to tie a few extra leads... I have eighty already,[sly] ya the fishing has been real slow here since ice off...
[signature]
Yes sir, I figure around the beginning to middle of May the fishing will take a turn for the good. The weather has just been so blotchy, it's hard for the fish to maintain a constant routine.

Don't be affraid to drop back by and keep us updated on your fishing conditions Dave. It's nice to know how our friends around the way are doing. [Smile]
[signature]
Bryan, You have any luck with the goldfish yet? Ive yet yo try them but right now I got the bass fever. Once that cools off the cats better watch out and I think goldfish might be on the menu!
[signature]
I haven't had any luck with them yet, but i've only tried them twice, and during unfavorable conditions. I know there is another BFT member that also chases trophy kitties, and he uses goldfish. He's caught some monsters, so, i'm confident they'll be the magic bait once the fish start feeding again. The river dropped almost 3 degrees with that last cold snap. And, it's warming back up very slowly. Not to mention I checked the water table for the river, and it's projected to rise another 3 to 4 feet. That's going to put an even worse deadning on the fishing. Geez, I just can't wait until the water falls once and for all for the season and the weather starts warming up. I mean, what's a guy gotta do to catch a fish? [sly] LOL
[signature]