Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the biggest fish you've ever caught?
What's the biggest fish you've ever caught?
[signature]
30lbs yellowtail

Aaron
[signature]
[Smile] 28 # Northern through the ice on a tipup !
[signature]
It was a 15 lb carp. I had no clue what I was doin'. I was new to fishing. What a blast of a fish to start your fishing with! Woohoo!!

Now, if I could only catch something other than carp and bullheads, life would be grand. [Tongue]
[signature]
are we talking about dinosaurs, lenth or weight?

by dinosaur and by lenth, a 59 inch sturgen,

a respectable fish a 36 inch 32 pound chinook salmon

by non respectable fish, just last month, a 36 inch 42 pound carp.
[signature]
Carp are never respected. they kill off the bass population in the lake. and they eat anything and everything! they are soooo annoying!!! I know some guy who catches them and just flings them over his shoulder so that they smack on the sidewalk behind him hard enough that they die! its soooooo... uhh..... well, you fill in the blank!

joe
[signature]
How do the carp kill off the bass population?
[signature]
carp are natorious for killing off many populations of fish in lakes and especialy rivers.

they do this by finding fish beds and sucking frey eggs out and eating the entire birth of the season.

carp have been a plauge on fish populations since their introductions to nothamerican waters. many of our natural trout streams have been totaly dessimated by foraging carp.
[signature]
wow... well put! hahaha[laugh][laugh][laugh][Wink]

joe
[signature]
The biggest fish I ever caught was myself right through the nose when I was Five years old. It was the first time i ever tried to fly fish.
[signature]
i'll give a top three

167# yellowfin tuna

68# albiacore tuna

36# yellow tail

but my favorite big bull calico on a fly lined mackeral

chris
[signature]
five - six pound small mouth - Arizona

fourteen pound large mouth - Long Island New York

twenty eight pound striped bass - Long Island new york

twenty two pound blue fish - long Island new york

thirty one pound white sea bass - catalina island
[signature]
big enough to break 8 lb test, but not big enough to keep.
[signature]
40" Halibut, weighed approximatley 15 pounds. Caught on Halibut rib w/live bait near Long Beach Breakwall.
[signature]
A 20 lb chinook salmon wasnt the size that counted it was how it was caught.

got it by luck fishing for american shad useing the tinyest curly tail grub on the market with a trout pole and 8lb test..What fun...
[signature]
Kinzie caught a 15 in black crappie out of willard bay last year dont know the wieght....
[signature]
8.2# bass

22.4 Cat

24.2 striper

all from white river area
[signature]
The biggest fish I ever caught and had no choice but to release(snagged in the tail, and no open season on that river) was a lake sturgeon that was almost 13 feet long. It was caught on 8 pound test in late November when my cousin & I were fishing for walleyes on the day before deer season. I fought the fish for 45 minutes(low metabolism because of cold water, otherwise it wouldn't have been caught at all), and my cousin kept on jigging walleyes in as I was being pulled around an eddy. 2 feet up from the tail, the fish was big enough that I would have had a tough time reaching around it with my arms. If it would have been legal, I would have had to beach it, as we were in a 14 foot john boat. I have no earthly idea how much that fish weighed. I just took my jig out of it, and watched it sink off into the water. My cousin has caught alot of sturgeon in his days, and it was by far the biggest he has seen in his life.

Otherwise..10#+ pound walleye; 8# Sauger(male); 13 1/2 pound northern pike; 1 1/2 pound crappie; 15 # + Chinook salmon; 1# perch; 1# bluegill; 4 1/2 pound smallmouth; 50#+ buffallo carp; 25#+ carp.
[signature]