Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite way to cook eyes
mine is uncle joshes cajuine style dry mix. second way is a 50/50 crumb mix from ritz and zesta,s with all purpose greak seasoning. both cooked in olive oil or sun flower oil. bass pro shops for the uncle joshes.
[signature]
with heat. ya ya ya.
[signature]
Filleted and cooked in hot butter in a skillet with some lemmon, garlic, and pepper. MMGOOD!!![Smile]
[signature]
That sounds about right lunker. Dont forget the fried potatoes. Cant eat walleye w/o 'em.
[signature]
Dang right! Forgot the taters.[blush]
[signature]
LH2 .. sounds like mine but skip the garlic and lemon on cold water fish filets.

my family calls it "flash frying"..

-half stick of butter and half stick of margarine in a skillet
-high heat
-toss 'em in and cover
-turn
-slide onto a plate and add a good dose of salt and pepper

love the fried 'taters on the side with a slice of good buttered bread!

I like a real beer batter too (light beer) but thats second in my book to flash frying.
[signature]
Flash frying....I'm guessing ya using the cast iron or Dutch Oven skillets?
Butter in first b'4 the skillet gets hot?
I do alot of cooking with those Dutch Ovens but have yet to master the buttering thing.
I gotta ask why half of each butter?
Olive oil vs Veg. oil I can see the differences between them two, Olive can stand higher heating b'4 it starts smoking, Veg. oil burns too fast and spoils the taste.
[signature]
A little butter in the pan, with some oinions, salt, and pepper. Best done on the Coleman stove, while still in the boat. Also, I like it beer battered, especialy if mixing them up with other types of fish.
[signature]
I like to put 'em on toothpicks and serve them raw to my wife's bridge club. A bowl full of eyes served that way next to the platter of cheeks and the cooler full of beer gets them women excited evertime. he he he
[signature]
chill rub walleye with a lime cilatro relish
[signature]
[reply]
Flash frying....I'm guessing ya using the cast iron or Dutch Oven skillets?
Butter in first b'4 the skillet gets hot?
I do alot of cooking with those Dutch Ovens but have yet to master the buttering thing.
I gotta ask why half of each butter?
Olive oil vs Veg. oil I can see the differences between them two, Olive can stand higher heating b'4 it starts smoking, Veg. oil burns too fast and spoils the taste. [/reply]

sorry for missing this Blugillman - Cast iron is fine. Thats what I use up at the cabin but around the house I'll use my nonstick pans just easier day to day clean-up.

as far as the butter goes, yes. I add it before it gets hot - let it melt first. reason I use both is the oil in margarine helps keep things from getting sticky w/o sacraficing the buttery flavor and its a bit better for ya than using a 1/4 pound of straight butter.

As for the oils .. it depends on the type of Olive oil you're using.. I thought some of the lighter grades were similiar in smoke points
[unimpressed]
[signature]