Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many eyes?
was wondering just how many eyes in 1 day some of us have caught. my best day was 24 in about 5 hrs at yuba. on dc its 6. utah lake 6 as well. how about all you eye chasers?
[signature]
7 at willard bay 2 years ago. 2 hours from 6 am to 8 am. Besides that i have only caught 1 eye elsewhere and it was at holmes creek. Never fish much anywhere else that has them.
[signature]
This might sound rediculous to some folks but I've had multiple 100+ fish days/nights fishing pre-spawn river runs.. guessing @ 80-90% probably being shorts - it varies though. One stretch of water in particular the only thing they'd take is 'finessed' dead 4" emerald shiner rubbing bottom. Very hard on your hands!!
[signature]
WOW! You win. Looks like i need to come to WI!
[signature]
My best and only time I caught a whole bunch was at Banks Lake in Washington State. In less then two hours I landed 27 from one spot, which was at the main canal inlet that feeds the lake with water. Every fish was right about 19 inches and I released everyone. At one point I hooked and landed 14 in a row all on a brown grub. Craziest thing I ever experienced.
[signature]
Oh, its not a matter of winnin'.. just being in the right place at the right time. Basically stumbled upon these spots trying to find fish.

I don't fish 'em pre-spawn anymore.. I wait for the egg drop and then start chasing nowdays. Too delicate I figure.
[signature]
I HAVE SOME VIDEOS OF AL LINDER HAVING THOSE TYPE OF DAYS. YOU GUYS HAVE A TON OF EYES IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. I AM NOT SURPRIZED THAT SOMEONE POSTED UP RESULTS LIKE YOU POSTED. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR BEST SO SOME OF THE OTHERS GUYS THAT THINK THEY ARE A RARE CATCH SEE OTHERWISE. MEN I WISH WE COULD USE LIVE BAIT HERE IN UTAH.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]One time at Utah Lake I caught 20. That has been the only place where I have caught a good number of Walleyes in any outing. I've caught a few here and there at Willard also, but never in huge numbers.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Never really walleye fished much. Did hit them this weekend though. Boated close to 20, dont think I made it though. This was at Milford Lake KS. 18 in min. length, so there were alot of shorts [Sad], still managed 4 over 18".
[signature]
wow, ver nice results boys.. 100+?!?! i cant top that the most ive caught in a day was 14.. and it took like 5 hours... Sad booo!!! you gusy must have soem great fishin holes haha
[signature]