Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
night eyes.
how many of us chase them at night. and what do you pitch at them. i cast big rapalas at the weed lines when the fish first start hitting around dusk. then when it dies down i pitch sassy shads to the first drop out from the weed lines. its my favorite way of fishing eyes.
[signature]
We need to hook up man. I need to catch more of those toothy fellas.
[signature]
CHUCK AND I HAVE A FULL MOONER PLANED. ILL SEE IF HE IS OPEN TO YOU JOINING US ON OUR ANNUAL FULL MOONER. IT SHOULD BE A GOOD YR AT DC FOR NIGHT EYES. ILL PM YA BEFORE THEN WITH THE CONFIRM. KEN
[signature]
I do some of the same.. mixed in with rocky shorelines, points and humps. When I find 'em I'll pull out a slip float and/or toss out a dead stick with a lindy rig while working an area. I troll some also.
[signature]
I've fished at night for the 'eyes at Starvation but have never at Deer Creek. My buddy Scott has caught some bruisers out of there at night with crankbaits. What time of year is the best time to fish DC at night, I imagine the full moon but what month? I could use some pointers if you want to send me pm.
[signature]
may threw august are the times when we always do it. this year should be a good one at dc. just be quiet in the boat and move along weeds and point pitching crank baits and you will get fish.
[signature]
Just curious, and not to doubt you I'm just trying to learn as much as I can, what makes you think that this will be a good year for the walleyes?
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]I've done it a couple of times out at Utah Lake. The couple of times that I've been out have been pretty good. I usually just wade around out at UL though because I don't have a boat.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
WEL I DONT THINK MUTCH. IT HURTS. I JUST GO WITH WHAT I KNOW FROM YRS OF HUNTING THEM LIKE BIG GAME. I GO INTO MY HISTORY. THE FIRST YR AFTER A LOW WATER YR ALWAYS HAS BEEN POOR. THE SECOND IT STARTS TO REALY PICK UP WITH A LOT OF 12 TO 16 INCHERS. THE 3RD YEAR ROCKS. ITS ABOUT PREY FISH. WATER UP LOTS OF FEAD. FISH POPPULATIONS BOOM. THEN WE HIT ANOTHER DRY SPELL AND START OVER.
[signature]
Good thinking [Wink]. It makes sense.
[signature]