Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port O'Connor (04/23 & 04/24)
If you haven't fished POC go give it a whirl!! [url "http://www.fishportoconnor.com/"][#333333]Capt Bob Hill [/#333333][/url]took Johnny and myself out for two days of amazing fishing... the catching is a whole different story!!

The weather (storm fronts moving down from the north) and the water temp was keeping those fish from playing fair!!

Capt Bob did everything he could possibly do but those fish just weren't wanting to get out of the water!! (Insert the image of Fat Bastard [from Austin Powers movies] saying, "Get into my belly!!") Capt Bob took us all over the place but again those fish were driving us crazy! [Image: frusty.gif]

So here's my list of fish:

Southern stingray - caught-n-released the one that I caught but man on man can those buggers fight!! His wingspan was roughly 12 to 14 inches.

Croakers - caught-n-released the two because they were the size of bait!

Sea Trout - caught 5 and kept 4 (1 shook off just as I was reaching down to grab her!). Not monsters though... just slightly bigger than that limit.

Sheephead - caught 1 and kept him for the grill !!!!

Redfish - caught two; had to let one go because it was ONLY 19 inches! AAAUUGGGHHH!!! But the other was a monster (ask Capt Bob) but she flared those gill plates and snapped my line.

All in all it was a great trip! Capt Bob showed us first-class accomodations and professional service!!

And yes.... I'm going back down again when the waters warm up just a bit more and then weather holds good for a couple of days of fishing there in POC.
[signature]