Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cell phone photos .. little help here please..
I've got a bunch of photos on my phone I'd like to put on my 'puter to share.. cell phone is a Motorola v323i .. I already have a cable that fits it per USB connection via one of my Garmin GPS units..

On a whim, I plugged the phone into the PC and it 'recognizes' it .. but I can't axcess the phone (obviously) ...the wizard asks for program software..

Im using windows XP here..

Anyone know how to get these photos off the phone to the PC?

[crazy]
[signature]
no one!?

[pirate]
[signature]
[crazy] Wish I could help you , but I'm pretty dumb to that stuff !! Don't worry thou , they'll be people here tonight that can help !!

[signature]
I think that you can send the pics to your email, and from there, access them from your PC.

Try it, I may not be right.
[signature]
thanks, saberfish .. yea, you can do that but the service provider sticks it to ya with a service charge per photo downloaded.

Its a good gig selling all the phones with cameras and then gouging you to use 'em.. already have a $400 digital camera .. but I'm awfully nervous with it in the boat so it stays home most of the time. Thought there was a short cut around the service provider someplace that someone knows about.

thanks bud.
[signature]
I would say go back to your cell phone dealer, tell them you want to upload your photos from your phone directly to your PC.

he should have a cable and a program disk for you. that is if you dont have the earliest pic phone modle.

there realy is no other way to get around the ser charge they want to hammer you with. You might say something like you will concider changing your servece to some one else in the area if they cant accomidate you,

also since most cell phones modles are offered by all service providers you can go to compeating service provider to look for your cable as well.

all my neices and nephews made sure they got the cable to upload to thier pc when they upgraded to pic phones.

that is why I wont get one, I will use my digital and upload to my pc then upload to our [#333366][size 1]Photo Gallery[/size][/#333366] here at bigfishtackle. and if any one wants to see what I am catching they can look in at any time, I can also email copies of the photos for free from our gallery as well...[Wink]
[signature]
I'm swingin by the sales office today to take a look around and inquire a bit.

Thanks DTC
[signature]
[black][size 3]After I posted my solution to your question (which I observed after watching my grand daughter), I ask her about all the time she spends transferring pictures, talking, and text messaging.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]She told me that her and her friends purchase unlimited plans from their carriers. Duh!![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Her particular carrier is a local (Cricket) that covers the local area only. but she said that some of her friends have the plan thru the normal carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, and several others.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I'm sure that being students, their parents are not paying high prices for this service.[/size]
[signature]
The thing is if I wanted to add this extra to my personal service plan they'll want me to sign an "updated" contract thats more expensive for less talk time for my regular phone plan.. I'm looking into buying a different phone I can actually connect to the PC now. I save $$ in the long run vs paying another plan rate to these clowns..
[signature]
something u may consider facebook lets you upload pics from ur phone onto their site no cables involved. and u can just store them there. idk just thinking outload
[signature]