Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new fishing pole!
I recieved a custom made rod from bubbashotrods.com a while back and wasn't able to try it out until yesterday. I'll also be posting pic's of the rod online with my Penn Mag 990 attached to it. (It really looks super cool) I wanted to wait and post pictures until I could give a review of the product. I know AFDan has been waiting for a review for quite some time. (sorry it took so long partner! The water hasn't been right!) The rod already impressed me with it's craftmanship and unique design. I asked Brian ( owner) to make me a one of a kind rod and that is exactly what he did. From the blue metal flake paint to the custom Fuji stock and reel seat, this rod was made to my specifications and with Brians own creative twist, fit my own fishing personality to a "T." He even put a tarpon at the top of the fore grip, hints "tarpon4me." [cool]

Well, it looks cool, but how did it work? Let me tell you, this rod was full of back bone, I was very impressed. I believe the blank he used was a lamiglass 20-40 pound class. It made light work of 40 pound sharks during my trip yesterday, and I really put the heat on. I was hoping to hook into a real gear ripper to see how it held up to my full weight, but nothing big was hanging around.

Anyways, I just thought i'd share my product review with the masses. Bubbashotrods.com is one of my sponsors, however, anyone that knows me knows I don't hold back any punches. The only question I had with the rod initially was the style eyes that Brian put on it. Niether one of us had used them before, as I was use to the traditional low profile Fuji eyes. However, after catching a few larger fish on the rod, the eyes work just fine. You'll see what i'm talking about once I get the pictures posted.

So, if you're looking for a custom made rod to fit your unique fishing character, bubbashotrods get a thumbs up from me. [cool]
[signature]
Bryan, gonna let me use it in july? [Wink]
[signature]
LOL< I dunno about that Matt. [Tongue]

Na, you can use it if you want to. There's no telling how i'll have it rigged up by then. I hope to get the pictures online tonight. [crazy]

The only computer that I can upload pictures on is the computer in my older sons room. The last three days my wife and him have been going through the room: Cleaning, sorting through clothes, sorting through old toys, organizing, etc...... IT's pretty much a disaster, and she spends the bulk of her time after work doing that, so I take care of my youngest son while all this is going down. Plus, I don't like being around her when she's cleaning something with the help of my older boy. It's a constant bickering match and i'd rather not be part of it. LMAO!!!!!!! She'd be so mad if she saw that! She thinks I just don't want to help. [Wink]

So, when ever the heat cuts down a notch in there, i'll be posting the pic's from the trip and for the rod. [cool]
[signature]
Just how long is it and how many eyes are one? I have seen some nice rods at BassPro , Dicks or wherever and they just have to many eyes on them. I'm talking on the most part baitcast rods. I feel to many adds resistance to your cast. It's fun to get a new toy to play with , enjoy...
[signature]
I want to catch a big shark on my medium heavy bass rod, I have one of those old salt water grade quantum energy reels on it. It's caught thousands of fish and looks like it but too I really want to put it to the test [Wink]
[signature]
The rod is 7', so it's got a little length to it. I actually like the length on the boat as I found how useful it could be. One of the sharks that I caught made his first run under the outboard and I had to stick the rod in the water to weive around the prop. LOL, I don't think it would've been so easy if it would have hit one of my shorter stand-up rods.

It doesn't have a large number of eyes on it, about normal. I would actually prefer to have more eyes than less; especially on a spinning type rig. The eyes help to control the line during it's exit from the rod. The more eyes, the less slop, and also the less chance of the line comming in contact with the rod( on a baitcasting rig).

I haven't been to Dicks yet, but they just built one here in Florence that I plan on checking out this weekend. I usually go to bass pro. I don't think i'll be doing any shopping though, I got a darn ticket this morning for my tag being expired on my truck. [mad] Go figure. My address wasn't complete on my registration and I never got the bill last month. I can't believe the guy gave me a ticket.

Murphy's Law...............................[crazy]
[signature]