Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bazaar Flaming Gorge Trip
Two of us arrived at the Lucerne marina on Sunday 4/29 around noon. We headed up to the pipeline area and began trolling for anything that would bite. The temperatures felt extremely hot and the bite was cold. Saw very little on the fish finder and decided to go north and try Anvil Draw and Buckboard area. Caught 5 to 6 fish up around the buck board area - rainbows and pup macs. The rainbows varied from 1.5 to 2 pounds and the largest macs were 3.5 to 4 pounds. Came back to the Lucerne and saw this boat on the ramp (See attachment - I tried to inline post the photos, not able to do it this time). Not sure how much a mistake like this costs - not sure I want to? In addition, the rainbows were schooling around the boat ramp - see photo. The guys fly fishing eggs (emerging velveta??) seemed to catch most of these fish from the bank. Headed out early the next morning - got to the ramp and one feller from Idaho had his boat and trailer get a way from him on the ramp and they both went into the water - see photos. We help this guy get his boat back - very nice guy! Headed out to Linwood Bay & Antelope Flats fished until 11:00. Saw very little and had no hits, so we decided to trailer the boat and travel to buckboard. Caught 7 rainbow and macs in the afternoon. Same size as before. Fishing was tough,never caught 2 fish on the same lure. Tried just about everything we had. Did the best with spoons. Tuesday we decided to go to Cedar Springs. Fish a couple of hours caught a small mac & a small Koke. Decided to pack it in and headed from Strawberry on the way home. Fishing at Strawberry (Soldier Creek) was OK. Hooked up about every 1/2 hour. They were all cutts in the slot. The weather was bad, wind & thunderstorms, decided to call it a day & go home. Heading for Lake Powell (Wahweap) tomorrow. Anybody got any tips for this area. Taking Momma with me - need to show her a good time. [signature]
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Holy smokes!! Looks like a pretty expensive mistake. Thanks for the report and the pics.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Sitting on any boat ramp early in the season is more entertainment that a circus.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It's fun to watch, but you have to feel sorry for those who don't prepare.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]There are enough things that must be done before putting a boat in the water, that a person is asking for trouble without working from a check list. I figure that if it works for aircraft, it should work for boats.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Great pictures, good report. Sorry that it wasn't more productive. Can't say that you didn't give it a good effort.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
WOW...did these guys forget how to launch there boats and check there trailors over the winter?? That really sucks..
[signature]
Reminds me of a time several years ago at SC. As we came out of the narrows on our way back to the ramp, we say a lot of smoke over around the ramp. As we got closer we say that a Jeep with trailer atatched was on fire. As we got closer there was a boat dead in the water. He ask if I would tow him in. I said yes, and ask what was wrong. He said both his big engine and kicker had quit running. I asked if he had caught any fish. He said no. So I said I guess you did not have a very good day, to witch he replyed, No because thats my outfit on the ramp burning up.
[signature]
Some of the funniest times I have ever had ,was sitting at the Lucerne ramp watching people load and unload.
[signature]
Dang. I fished Monday and launched at Lucerne. I always miss the good stuff![shocked][sly]
[signature]