Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surfside beach June 16-22
Hey any locals wanna hook up? I dont have a boat but I wanna do some Inshore fishing with a flyrod. I have extra gear and flys. If someone has a boat....I will split gas etc. Im tempted to book a guided trip....but my last trip was a complete waste. Guide didnt seem to have a clue.
[signature]
June is a great time of year for fishing along the coast of Horry County. As far as fly fishing, that's not my specialty and I wouldn't know where to even start with a suggestion. However, I know quite a few skippers in the local area, and I will see if I can't find a fly fishing guide out of Murrells Inlet that has a good reputation so you'll have a better experiance.

I'd also be willing to get together with you for a bit of fishing, but it'll be standard rod and reel unless you know where to go and how to do it. [Wink]

I'm sure DR will jump in on this one too. He's a local guide and i'm sure he'd know a good fly angler if there is one. [cool]
[signature]
I know someone that can take you fly fishing in Georgetown SC. Look up Delta Guide Service. He is a nice guy and can catch fish[when they will let us] ! Lost his card or would give you the number. Good Luck. By the way, things have been slow here in Murrells Inlet and hope this weather can make up it's mind! Looking for some good weather to come to town and stay! Fished today but not much,Blue fish and one small flounder! Capt. Shannon 843-450-1430
Call if I can help [Smile]
[signature]
Cool Deal Skipper. I found the info for delta guides online:

[url "http://deltaguideservice.com/"]http://deltaguideservice.com/[/url]

[size 3]Phone: (843) 546-3645[/size]

[size 3]Delta Guide Service
[/size]
803 Second Avenue
Georgetown, SC 29440

It doesn't look like the weather is going to work out this week either. It's dropping back down again into the 70's during the day and 50's at night. That's going to ruin the water temp AGIAN. The fish are going to be so screwed up they aren't going to know if they need to spawn, feed, or migrate the other direction. LOL

I'm surprised the fishing was slow earlier in the week. Did you try for any spanish DR? I finally got a couple pictures attached to my sunday fishing report. [Wink]
[signature]
That's great info for all you guys that want to fly fish! He is in Georgetown Bay were lots of room and creeks are. Here in Murrells Inlet there are lots of creeks but not much for fly fishing. Good fishing to all!!
Dr
[signature]
Thanks for the info ppl
[signature]
Hey Tarpon4me, If you wanna get together when Im down there...I would jump all over that. I dont mind chunking spin gear or bait. I have extra flyrods etc. If you know where Fish are that are not down too deep we can get them on flyrods. I could try to show you a few things about flyfishing the Salt. I would be happy to pay for gas etc. I might book a guided trip...but i would rather just hook up with someone who wants to go fishing! Heres a Bonnet head I hooked about 2 years ago
[signature]
That just might work out. [cool] Let me see what all i've got going on in June. Remember we've got a pre-planned get together the second weekend of July. That's going to be alot of fun.

Let me chat with the wife and see what she thinks. LOL, I'm alloted only so many fishing trips with the friends. [Tongue] I'm sure we can work something out though. I'll talk to her after she's eatten a bowl of her favorite ice cream. [Wink]
[signature]
Gotta get her after the icecream......guess she's more opt to saying yes when shes full and happy[cool]
[signature]