Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopedale Fishing Report
LOUISIANA FISHING EXPEDITIONS; Hopedale Report
Just got in from five days of good fishing charters. The trout started to bite after the April moon and my customers were treated to lots of top water action for trout and plenty of limits of slot reds.

Joe, Mat, and Ed came on an evening trip and as we watched the moon come up, so did the red fish and trout. For 1-1/2 hours they caught their fish on "top dog" mirror lures. Red fish ranging from 8 - 15 pounds crashed their bait in less than 18" of water The big explosions on these lures had everybody excited in the boat;. When the red fish bites slowed down, the "big trout" started crashing their bait. All of this action happened in one spot--we never had to move the boat.

Randy brought another crew with him the next day and we fished some reefs on the west side, catching a couple of limits of "slot reds" and some nice trout on "top water" lures with a few puppy drum to make a nice box of fish. They already had a chef lined up to cook their fish for their group when they got back to their house for a party.
Next trip was Ken’s group (Ken, Vivian, etc.)who came in from Georgia for the Jazz Fest and decided to do a little fishing while they were here. This is another group I had a good time with and they cauht a couple of limits of red fish, trout and slot drum.

My last trip was Kelly and Company and they needed a trip that was short-and-sweet for a few reds and a couple of trout. And that was just what they got; they also had a couple of limits of "slot reds" along with a handful of trout.

Live bait season is not in effect yet and my trips have been averaging 20 to 50 fish a day. The trout and reds have started moving toward the outside, but not far out. I’m catching them over reefs on the edge of the outside. The bait of choice have been "top dogs," "soft plastic hybrids," and "live minnows."

I have accommodations right on the bayou that sleeps eight comfortably.

I "thank" all my customers this past week for taking a "Louisiana Fishing Expedition." Look forward to seeing all in the future.
Capt. Ben - (985) 630-2066
[signature]
Great report skipper! Looks like you're all over it.

Please take a moment and register with the website. It's completely free and you get alot of cool benefits. One of those benefits is being able to compelte in online fishing picture contests like the one posted on this thread. Infact, one of the contestants is a fellow LA charter captain. There will be a second running of this contest in mid summer. It's all free, all you do is take pictures and get free prizes.

We look foward to seeing more of your reports in the future!! Thanks![cool]
[signature]