Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOAA Weather Report
Better keep the boats on the hill this week. It's not looking too good at all. [Sad]

/O.CON.KILM.GL.W.0004.000000T0000Z-070509T0000Z/
LITTLE RIVER INLET TO MURRELLS INLET SC OUT 20 NM-
[#483d8b] 1209 PM EDT MON MAY 7 2007[/#483d8b]

[#ff0000] GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING[/#ff0000]

[#800000] THIS AFTERNOON[/#800000]
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. SEAS
BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT NEAR SHORE.

[#800000] TONIGHT[/#800000]
N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. NEAR SHORE...
SEAS BUILDING TO 5 TO 7 FT.

[#800000] TUE[/#800000]
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT...EXCEPT UP TO 7 TO
8 FT NEAR SHORE. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. A CHANCE OF TSTMS IN THE
AFTERNOON.

[#800000] TUE NIGHT[/#800000]
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. NEAR
SHORE...SEAS 7 TO 8 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

[#800000] WED[/#800000]
NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT...BECOMING E 20 TO 25 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 6 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE
OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

[#800000] WED NIGHT[/#800000]
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 7 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

[#800000] THU[/#800000]
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
TSTMS.

[#800000] FRI[/#800000]
NE WINDS AROUND 10 KT...BECOMING S. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

MARINERS ARE REMINDED THAT WINDS AND SEAS CAN BE HIGHER IN AND
NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
[signature]
I may be asking a little to much but can you or do you have any ideal how it looks for next week. We have considered holding off on our trip because of the weather. Its been bad enough the temps are below normal but now this storm like winds just off the cost isn't helping. We take our fishing vacation serious and don't want to blow it on a bad trip if we can do it later. We have had a good trip in Jun. Just need to get away from work. [unsure]
[signature]
i have heard theres a little breeze down there,missing boats and boaters,that tropical storm is giving you guys some big water
[signature]
Well, it's still too early to tell. The long range radar isn't showing anything past this storm, but something can form with out warning. I don't know if you know or not, but this comming weekend is the start of Harley bike week at the beach. I don't know if you're into being at the beach during that time. Severely bad traffic, everything is packed, all the stores and hotels, etc.......

It might actually be in your best interest to change up your vacation date to a more calmer, better weather senario.

But, this storm will pretty much be gone by Saturday morning, so no worries if you don't mind the roar of a sportster beside your car. [Tongue]
[signature]
That isn't nothing. This report is the inshore report to 20 miles. The offshore report is calling for 35' seas!!!!!!!! 35 foot! Could you imagine?
[signature]
I don't mine the bikes. We have come down during that week for some time. Like I said before we just go to our fishing hole and back to the room. Maybe out to eat once or twice. The fishing seems to be good that week in the past years. I didn't even plan or think of the bikers. Besides that we stay south of the rally.
[signature]
I'll take the rest of the week off and lets try your boat out on those 35 foot seas! I think we'd make it [Tongue]
[signature]
LOL, I don't know about that. I'll make a deal with you though. If you add me on as the sole beneficiary on your life insurance plan, i'll fill the boat up with gas for you and watch as you leave the dock. It's Bryan with a "Y" not an "i," make sure and spell it right on the claim form. [sly]
[signature]
lol,dont forget theft insurance, and report it stolen you ,get a claim on the boat as well
[signature]
LOL, I didn't think about that Tom, good idea. I'll have to wait until he leaves the dock to do that, then I can call it in. I have to make sure he has enough time to reach the ocean first. [sly] I forgot I had full coverage on my big boat. [Wink]
[signature]