Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here!
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

New to the board as of today. The place looks wonderful and it seems as though there are some very intelligent fisherman here who are willing to give out some great tips which is always greatly appreciated.

As for me, I am a casual fisherman. I will fish for anything. I live in Western Wisconsin and am around a lot of great bass fishing lakes. Glad to be here,=.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT badgerguy! From all of us here at BFT, thanks for the compliments. This is a great place and as you stated there are some very knowledgeable fishermen (and women) here. I'm a moderator on the Wisconsin board so drop in and say hello and share some when you have time.. Here's the link: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Wisconsin_Fishing_Forum_C60/General_Discusion_F63/"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...neral_Discusion_F63/[/url]

Where abouts in western Wisconsin are you from? I'm just east of Madison, myself.

Again, welcome and thanks for registering! Remember to stop into the Wisconsin board and visit a bit. We're just getting it rolling.

(edited type-o's [crazy] .. pardon )
[signature]
Thanks birddog,

I will visit the board for sure in a minute. As for my location I work in Eau Claire and live just west of Menomonie. There is a river that I can fish from shore on in Menomonie (Red Cedar) or I can go up towards Amery and fish a ton of lakes with my buddy who has a boat. Pretty convenient.
[signature]
Cool area! I've never fished your immediate area but, I get up to the Chippewa Flowage a few times a year.

How's the bite been recently?
[signature]
To be honest I have no idea what the bite is like right now. This weekend I am heading up towards Rice Lake with a buddy of mine to a nice smallmouth lake. The fish SHOULD be on beds and this place is phenominal for just plucking 4lbs smallies off of their beds all day with tubes. Its wonderful. However once the fish get off of their beds the lake is vertually impossible to fish unless you are fishing walleyes.

I am thinking about ditching work early tonight and head off to the river for a few hours. This will be my first time out this year. I have not heard any fishing reports though.
[signature]
Welcome aboard badgerguy. Thank you for taking the time to register. Please feel free to add any advice that you may have or use any that you find useful.

We all learn from each other.[cool]
[signature]
we're glad you like,
welcome to bigfishtackle. [cool]
[signature]
welcome fellow wisconsinite. the fishings great in our little state isnt it? glad to have you on board.
[signature]
how did things turn out last weekend?
[signature]
[reply]
how did things turn out last weekend? [/reply]
Things turned out excellent last Saturday morning/afternoon. We hit the water about 8am. It was a hour and a half drive up there. We went to New Auburn. We fished until about 3:30. In the mean time, we landed 24 fish, 18 smallies, 1 northern and 5 largies. The large mouth were of no real size, 12-14 inches. But the smallies were landed were monsters. Of the 18 we caught, 9 of them were over 4lbs with a few 5s mixed in, and the biggest was 21 inches and about 6lbs. That was the biggest bass I have ever caught. I love that lake, my buddy and I go up there once a year because once they are done with their beds they are virtually impossible to catch. Great walleye fishing though. So I have heard. I do have pics, I just need to download them.
[signature]
[cool] Gotta love it! Sounds like you had a blast! What baits did you guys use?

hey badgerguy - get those pics downloaded and share the good time! [Wink]
[signature]

[signature]
suprise suprise, they didn't work. I can click on the attachment to view them, I am not sure about the others out there.

Anyways, i am the one in three of the four pics, we used watermelon red fleck 4 inch tubes all day, on a mushroom headed jig. Most fish were found in 4-6 ft of water, near their beds. Later in the afternoon they were directly on beds. The males anyway. I have 8 more pics at home that I need to upload yet. Having dial up connection is not the best tool to use when uploading pics. So I will work on more tonight. how do I make it so you just cant view the attachment?
[signature]
Nice Fins! [cool]

To view the picture itself in the context of your post hit the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Freshwater_Fishing_Forum_C70/Freshwater_Fishing_General_F2/New_here%21_P333898/gforum.cgi?do=editor_image;t=search_engine"]Image[/url] button on the right side of the post tool bar and paste the url into the Location bar (address bar).. click submit... *poof* ...cyber photo.

**BUT**

1st - resize your photo to 400 pixels wide.

[Wink]

Did I explain that clearly?
[signature]
WELCOME ABOARD BADGERGUY!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[font "Andalus"][size 3]Welcome to BFT! Glad you find our website helpful. There are so many features on the site and it is constantly being updated, I find myself finding new things every week! Enjoy. [cool][/size][/font]
[font "Andalus"][size 3]~Dre'[/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice job on the Smallies. Please feel free to share some of those on the Bass board too.[cool]
[signature]