Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murrells inlet info for mid june!
Ok i was wondering what the main fish to target in mid june. What is most [size 1]abundant[/size]? I am curious if there are African pompano in the Inlet? Are there still plenty of Bluefish in june? I know they are not the best gamefish...but they are so [#0000ff][size 1]aggressive[/size][/#0000ff] and can get big! What about Reds? I will be mainly targeting shallow waters. Anyway if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.
[signature]
Im sure tarpon can help you on this one, Im just wondering if its still going to be their after this pounding theyre taking right now! Knowing my luck we will have a hurricaine for the July get-together........
[signature]
No sir, no African pompano along the coast. But you can catch Florida Pompano, the smaller sub species of the bunch. Blue fish will be hanging around, but not in larger schools like they are in early spring and late fall. Reds will be around in the creeks and such.

During the summer, the primary inshore species are as follows: Spanish Mackerel, Flounder, Spadefish, Sheephead, Cobia, shark, and a few other bottom species like pinfish and croakers. A little further offshore you can catch King Mackerel, Amber Jack, Seabass, etc....

You might find a stray King inshore before the water gets too hot. The spanish are one of my favorite inshore species to target during the hot part of the summer, and can be found almost all the time around the one mile buoy. So, you don't need a big boat to get them, just a small bass tracker on a calm day is all you need. Hell, i've seen bass trackers at the 3.5 mile reef. LOL, not that i'd be out there in one, but it happens. I've learned over the years how quickly the ocean can turn rough, it's not worth it to me. That's why I bought a center console. [Wink]
[signature]
Man, don't say that! LOL I want to be hurricane free this year. I think we're getting enough screwed up weather right now, we don't need anything else going on during the heat of fishing season.

Make sure and toss a penny in the water to appease the fish gods next time you're next to your favorite fishing hole. If we can keep them happy, we'll be in good shape. [Wink]
[signature]