Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ElDorado Park Start Friday3/14 Finish 3/16
Well this was one hell of a weekend of fishing, I did not even drive more than five miles!!

Started Friday decided to bring my rods with me to work, so as to not stop at home on the way out. Well I got to Eldorado at around 3:00pm. There were allot of fisherman down at the lake already. Everybody was having great success. I myself got eight fish smallest at around a pound and a half the largest around five pounds.

Got to give made props to Rudy a fellow bass angler down there tipping the charts with over 30 bass. Not just him saying so but i myself saw at least twenty of them. His largest that day up at seven pounds.

Saturday came with allot of rain but that did not stop all of us dedicated. I saw twelve other guys out there in the rain and we were all catching fish. Saturday was the day of my largest fish only got two but it was worth it one at four pounds three ounces the second at eight pounds six ounces.

Sunday brought out the sun again, thought this day would also bring stained or muddy water due to run off but that was not true, Got to the lake between 2:00 and 2:30 pm . After stopping by turners and picking up two new lures, one of which turned out to be very effective. I have not seen anybody else down there using this exact type. Made by mega bait. Got me thirteen bass today, lost four. Most in the two to three pound range but four of them mentionable five pounds plus.

Four inch twichin minnows are working great.

See ya out there next weekend.
[signature]

Hi again OneWhoFishes,

Were you at the back lake or the big lake connected to it? I fished their the Thursday and Friday morning and evening bite. I too live 15 minutes away. (near Woodruff and South)

I flyfish, so I get distracted from the bass fishing (even big streamers are not that effective on the big bass cause the dinks always grab them first),trying to avoid the bluegill, and catch those crappie.

I'm going tomorrow from around 3:30. Hope to see you there sometime. This bite ain't gonna last forever!

JapanRon
[signature]
Ron I hope to Get to the lake this coming friday. Maybe even thursday I will Keep you posted.

I do Remember talking to one fly fisherman who was going for the crappie. I had hooked a three and a quater pound bass with a bead head fly in its mouth and returned it to him when I saw he was using the same flys.

There was also another fly fisherman I passed on the big lake connected to the back lake. He was in a Conversation at the time.

I drive a green Dodge Dakota 98 4x4 with a bumper sticker that says work is for those who cant fish.

Also Has a sticker that says water dog willies a great shop in arizona.

Be great to meet you one day.
[signature]

Hi there OneWhoFishes,

I'll be there sometime during both days after 3:00 if they don't plant at Cerritos Park tomorrow (plant day). I didn't check the DFG trout plant page of their website yet this week. Whatever I'll be at El Do Friday. Tomorrow or Thursday might be comorrant day for El Do too! ha ha

I've got a 2001 Chevy S-10, White, Extended Cab w/smoked sliding back window.

JapanRon
[signature]