Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Lake/Huntington
So I fished Huntington and Electric lake on Sunday and couldn't find the bite. I did quite well at Bulger Res. (I think that is the name of that spit hole.) Anyway, I only caught one fish at E-lake and only a bite at Huntington. I've been fishing from the shore lately because of a hole in my tube. But what should I be using down there? I tried the minnows that I collected a few weeks ago, but still no fish. Does anybody know what they like down there?
[signature]
well at e-lake i have been doing good pitching salt and pepper 2" tubes with a 1/4 head.. with the minnows did ya try putting it down about 4 feet below a bobber? works good. fish about 5 to 10 feet off shour if theres a bit of wind even better.. let it drift right in to the shour reel in and cast back out..

huntington use silver spin-a lure. reel as slow as ya can with out draging it on the bottom.tube jig have been working good there as well. worm and salmon egg's been doing the best for bait.. minnow are always a good choice there as well..from a tube a 1/4 jig head tipped with worm or minnow drag it right on the bottom.. ya can't go wrong jigging from a tube at hunntington..
[signature]
Fished E-lake on Saturday(5/19). I had never fished it before so my daughter and I drove up and gave it a try from about 10:30-3:00. I caught two and she caught five. She was pretty pleased she out fished me.

We caught one on worms and the rest on fresh minnows. Used Corkies to keep the bait up 18-24 inches off the bottom. I tried a gold Jakes on my second pole, but didn't catch any. Saw some people fishing Huntington on the way out, but we didn't stop.

Main reason for the trip was to catch some minnows. It's been years since I've used minnows. Wow, that lake is full of minnows! I threw one of my traps out a little far, got it caught in the rocks, and went in after it...that was refreshing! Ended up catching thirteen dozen minnows. Not as many as I had hoped, but now I have an excuse to go back for more!

Nice place,
Chester
[signature]