Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting photos
Two days ago I posted some pics of an Elk. Would somebody please look at these and validate me please![pirate][laugh]

[inline 100_0284.jpg]
[signature]
How about a story with the pics???[Wink]
[signature]
[cool]I saw em. That is a very nice bull. I was trying to be careful and not get your ego outta balance[Wink].. What's the story behind the trophy?
[signature]
Oh! Im so glad you asked! [Tongue]

I was 2004 LE Monroe rifle. I archer deer there so I have a beed on the elk (no major accomplishment). My father had the tag. He shows up opening morning about 4am. I take him out and put him several bull opening morning. I convinced him to pass on 3 350+ bulls that morning. Later that day in camp my uncle wanted to take a nap. But pops didn't want to ruin his day. So I thought I'd take dad for a ride and show him a few of my haunts! Its noon mind you! Cruisin along I noticed a spur road that heads up a little knowl. Rarely drive it so I thought what the heck. I got to the top and turned around to notice my dad crouching down off his bike with a look on his face like there was hell to pay. Oh ship! He must have dropped his rifle. He's gonna be pissed. Just then he stood up and aimed. At what? Looked like he was about to take a 1000yd shotat something. What the heck? Bamm gun goes off and at the same time I noticed the bug bull 30yd off the road. I drove right passed it 20yd didn't even see it.[crazy] This is the thing 100yd to the closest tree. He never even lifted his head. It was kinda windy but he must have blind (like me) and deaf. Just goes to show better to be lucky than good any day. 396 B&C. Now its my turn to get lucky! [cool]
[signature]
Bearclaw' Its to late for that![Tongue]
[signature]
Can't blame ya with a bull like him.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks I feel better now[unsure]

And I grajiated to a brookie![crazy]
[signature]
I would imagine we have ran into one another in that area before. Since i was about 7 years old my family has hunted that whole area. Like you, i am just waiting for the tag to fill because i know them hills like my back yard. I have seen some tremendous bulls down there. Hopefully when i draw the tag in about 20 years(maybe longer) the bulls will still be as good as they are now and in the same hiding spots. Congrats on the monster.
[signature]
I wish you good luck (20yrs). Chin up! It only took my dad 15yrs.[pirate] Uncle 15yr.[pirate] And me 16yr.[angelic] From what I've noticed over the yrs on Monroe the future of that elk herd is not going to be monster bulls as of today and yesterday. And more of a Colorado or Mt Dutton hunt. Lots of bulls lots of hunters bull harvest age odjectives 4-5yrs old. [unimpressed]

Im going down after memorial to put the trailer on the mtn. I'll start some scouting and do some fishing. I'll make sure to post a report for Monroe lakes.
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Nice bull! I take it that the area you are in is a draw area even for residents. That's one thing I feel bad for you Utah Guys I have never killed a bull that big but at least I have a chance every year in Wyoming.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Wyobraz[/size][/#808000][/font]
True that! I figure I wont get the chance again until 2028 isn't that pathetic! Better make it count! Serious pressure![Tongue] To me this elk hunt is kinda like a hunt to Alaska or Africa. Waiting forever to get the opertunity (probably once in a life time). It just takes some of the fun or passion out of it. Call me weird but I rather have a 180in buck over a 400in bull.
[signature]