Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Lake report! Heating up!
Hey guys!

Hit Nelson yesterday. Got there at about 11:30 and the conditions were great. I thought it would be really windy but was suprised how it wasnt! The water is really high too. I dont think I've ever seen it this high before, but I dont fish here very much in the summer. Here's some pictures of the north boat ramp!

[inline CIMG1318.jpg]
[inline CIMG1319.jpg]
[inline CIMG1320.jpg]
[inline CIMG1321.jpg]
[inline CIMG1322.jpg]
[inline CIMG1323.jpg]
[inline CIMG1324.jpg]

I started fishing that north east bay and caught about 9 bass. Pretty much all of them were smaller. Caught them on a straight tail plastic worm. Here's one of them.
[inline CIMG1325.jpg]

[inline CIMG1326.jpg]

The fish were holding right round the edge of the cattails..

here's some more.
[inline CIMG1327.jpg]

[inline CIMG1328.jpg]

Then the bad weather started!! Rain came off and on and when it did rain it rained pretty hard. I switched sides and went south of the discharge.
[inline CIMG1329.jpg]

The bass were in about 2-3 feet of water and about 4 feet from the bank.
[inline CIMG1331.jpg]
This was probably the longest fish of the day.^^
Ugliest bass I've ever seen. haha.

[inline CIMG1334.jpg]
The wind started to pick up more so I called it a day.

I ended up with 23 bass. Caught them on jigs, worms and cranks.

The water is like a hot tub. By the boat ramp area it was about 83 and by the discharge it was 89!!!!! South of that it started to cool down into the 76s.

I want to fish deeper water because it seemed like all the smaller fish were up shallow but the wind kept me from going into deeper water.

Tight Lines!
[signature]
i've been thinking that we need to head out there one these mornings really early and fish by all those rocks and find drop offs. i want to try the shakey worm!! and catch me the new record[Tongue]
[signature]