Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEER CREEK 5/26/07
took the fam, and freinds to the deer saturday for an outing at the day use area just before the charlston bridge. took the tubes to get a good kick in the after noon. launched after a tuna samich lunch with some chips with the kiddos. shore fishing produced empty bud light cans and kids playing on the shore and tossing rocks, not even the dora or barbie poles produced.

dads jump in toobs at about 3 or 3 30 pm, kicked across flats and up towards the river bed flowing out from under the bridge, hour and a half goes by with nothing but a glare off the water, when my buddy starts hollerin that he has a whale, I kick a fin over to him and am still about 20 yards out from him when he yells he has never seen a fish like this....i answer, does it have a white spot at the bottom of its tail....he says yes...i walked on water with fins on getting to him you could have guessed i was packing a 40 horse evinrude behind my tube from all the ruckus i made getting to him, he has no stringer he doent know how to hold a walleye and he has learned by now they have teeth...major teeth, i am praying he does not lose the fish. i get to him, he has the fish i grab it stringer it. It goes 20 1/2 inches, 8 1/2 girth estimate weight at 2.5 or 3 pounds we had no scale. now the miracle, i am putting the eye on a stringer with my rod in my holder bait dangleing atop the water using a worm and a little weight i was drifting in the current to see who was home and was only verifying the skunk at this point. then as i handle the eye my buddy gets all twitterpated again whooping that i have a fish now....its a 3/4 to 1 pound perch that was in the weeds right at shore in the river channel in about 6 inches of water he had to leap to get my worm dangling about 3 inches over the water. he met the walleye on the stringer and they both enjoyed a steambath on my BBQ later that evening. pics of fish at home attached, my wife left the camera at home. so we had a fish fry party that night and swam the fish one last time in some PBR! tight lines.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report/story/pics. Totally reinforces my ongoing statement that most walleyes are caught by accident, rather than by knowledgeable walleye anglers fishing for them on purpose.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice perchy too. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yum.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I resemble that remark. I went out on Tues. and while trolling for trout I caught 2 18" walleyes. Last week my son (6) caught 2 also. All were close to the top of the surface of the water (10' >). One of mine was hooked while letting my line out.
[signature]
5/26 fished the west side and caught them on bouncer and spinner rigs in the morning then when the wind came up we used crankbaits. caught walleye and bass. the moon is going th be full so might try a late night trip the next couple of days.
[signature]