Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SORT OF FLAMING GORGE
Well, we finally made the trip to the Gorge to try all the new Rocky Mtn. Tackle lures. The weather was good and the wind never did blow us off. We fished from Holmes Crossing on Sat, Sun, and Monday. Caught numerous small lakers and more rainbows that usual. However, we did not catch any kokes. Only one very small Kokanee on Sunday. Jared's lures were great for all the fish that did bite. I caught alot of fish on the pink hoochie that he sells. I am sure that if we could have found some Kokes that wanted to play his lures would have worked on them too. I am curious to know if anyone else was able to find the kokes this past weekend. We talked to some other boats around our area and no one was doing well on Kokanee. If you went to the Gorge and found Kokes let us know how you did.
[signature]
I am headed for the gorge today at noon. i have a bunch of jareds tackle & some pro cure scent he sent me to try for kokes. [cool] a week of fishing with the boys! pray for me.[angelic]
[signature]
When we fished the derby we could only find koks at buckboard
[signature]
I had a the pro cure scents and lures as well, just not any kokanee. I have heard that Big Bend, Buckboard, and the Pipeline are the only spots that people have had any luck. We did have fun catching other kinds of fish. We have some nice lake trout filets to show for it. Good luck. Let us know how you do.
[signature]