Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Flyfishing??
If any Greenville anglers are interested in some flycasting lessons let me know. I would be glad to help you out. I'm pretty short on time because I'm working alot of overtime. Sundays I'm normally free. Just thought I would throw out a invite
[signature]
Man, I wish I were in your area. I sure could use some first hand casting lessons. Sounds like a great opportunity for the inspiring Fly anglers in your area. I'm hoping to get to the beach along the time frame you'll be down this month. Maybe I can get a crash course then. I'm hoping my sponsor bubbashotrods.com will get a fly casting outfit together for me in the near future too. I'm looking foward to adding fly fishing to my list of tactics. [cool]
[signature]
Dose that go for a N.C. native that loves to go a little more south. I have a 9wt I have been wanting to use everytime I come down but get coat up in something else. I even go to the new river but use light sping reels. I want to hook up on a flounder or something good to eat for my first. By the way I up at the new river last week and hooked some smallmouth. Man they were fun. They were small in size but big in fight. Two were of keeping size but I always let them go.
[signature]
I wished that I was in that area. I think that you and I together could be a good asset to the East coast.

On the other hand, if any of you guys could make it to the West Coast, I would be glad to give some free fresh and saltwater lessons.

I really don't flyfish the Trout and Panfish that much but I have the smaller wt rods for it.

I prefer to Big Game the LMB and Striper on the heavier artillary in freshwater and hit the bigger Halibut and California Yellowtail in the Salt.[cool]
[signature]
You're always welcome big dawg! You know, i've never caught a small mouth bass before. We don't have smallies over here where I live. I hear they are alot of fun. You think you'll make it to the camping trip in July? It'd be great to have you along. [cool]
[signature]
You are starting to sound like me Bryan. I have to drive a considerable distance to fish smallies. But when they are on, they are on.[cool]
[signature]
I'm not sure at this time. We are talking about a weekend trip so it could work out that we make it. If so I'll let you know and we'll go from there. [Wink] As for the smallies, theres a part of the river that I was told alot of guides go on and they guarantee fish but he didn't say about keeper size. Don't know when I'll go but its a trip to look forward to. Maybe I'll take my flyrod....
[signature]
Do tell when you decide to hit the water. Maybe the ol' lady and I can make a weekend excursion to NC. [cool]
[signature]
I try to go 1 or 2 times a year up to the river. In the spring like most fishing seems to be the best. Would really like to see you hook your frist smallie. I have 2 kayaks and when we go we have them take us up river and we can take our time. Stop as much as we want and even pack a lunch , fine a big rock or some Sade. Even take a cool dip. But if you rent you have to be back by a set time. They give you plenty of time if thats the case. I usually take a 5mil. trip so I can get back before dark. They are trips longer , even over night trips. I have been before and hook fish sun up sun down and there are time you only get a few. Its all in the fun of it but when you get that nice one, you know the feeling I mean. I'v not got that hog yet but he's up ther somewhere....[Wink]
[signature]
I have a friend that has a kayak I can borrow anytime. That sounds like a really cool trip. [Smile]
[signature]