Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinewiew smallies 6-1
If anyone in my family confronts me for what I'm about to post I will deny it to my grave! Let me explain that I come from a long line of cold mtn lake/stream clean water, pristine, trout fisherman. Or so my father and uncles would have you believe. Of coarse salmon are OK too. Me I just love to catch fish!

Today I went up to the view and set up a beach for the kids at spring cove. At diffrent points in the day I walked the shore looking for smb when I seen one I would cast a white 2in wild eyes swimin jig. They were shallow 1-2 ft. Every one I spotted would take at least one stab at the jig. The water was super clear and I could see the fish clearly which made me miss many strikes. Relying on sight rather than feel. I really didn't fish much and managed 4 smb thru out the day.

Which brings me to my point about my previous comments. I have to say smb and probably lmb pound for pound fight better than trout. OK there I said it! I feel better now! Like I said to my grave![Wink]
[signature]
Feels good to admit the truth don't it.[laugh][sly]
[signature]
Go to the Gorge and pull a nice 5-10 lb Lake Trout off the bottom (65-100 ft) and let me know how your arm feels!!! I say 5-10 because I know someone will say "he said pound for pound" and those "pups" will make your arms burn for about 20 minutes. Then hook into a 35 lber!!!
TS
[signature]
Remember now that lakers are CHAR.... NOT "TROUT"!!!!! [cool] So they don't count!
[signature]
I have caught 5 LB + bass and trout and lakers and Pound for Pound the bass takes it all....The End....

[signature]