Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell day 1 (6/2/07)
Im typing this from a houseboat in the cookie jar butte area where I am staying.

Had a huge blast fishing! I am catching tons of LMB and a few smallies... I have caught bluegills for the first time on a huge 3" grub which surprised me... but was a lot of fun!
I caught one walleye that went 22 inches. No stripers just yet... I havent had time to focus on the stripers because I have been teaching my 8 year old son to catch fish... he did very well! He caught 6 LMB and 3 smallies. He is hooked! He had a blast fishing for the bass until O'dark-thirty tonight.

I am so proud of him having mastered the use of a white curly tailed grub! Awesome job! Hes really excited about fishing tomorrow and the next four days too!

I cannot beleive how massive this lake is and how beautiful the red rock all over this place. I am determined to see much of this place in the next four days! So stunningly beautiful! LMB looks really healthy so are the bluegills!

Will post more tomorrow!
[cool]
[signature]
What a tough day! Glad you guys are having a good time. Lookin' forward to more fishin' reports.
[signature]